Life of a mild depressive

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Lesleyaw76, May 27, 2003.

1. Lesleyaw76

Lesleyaw76 New Member

Hi, all I am new here, and only visited once before. All the recent messages daunted me, and I haven't begun to try to read all. I am considered a mild depressive: I often am sad, feeling low, and have low energy that is constant and will probably never go away. But the good news, is that I probably won't fall over the edge and try to off myself. Constant waves of sorrow are no fun either, and for the mild depressives out there you know what I mean. We don't really need the drugs just a regime of good diet and exercise. Good support group of family and friends. Positive thinking, no more "stinkin' thinkin'" as a psychology teacher once put it. But it isn't easy. It is almost like an addiction you have to fight. So easy to slip into an abyss of despair and sorrow to think of the sh*t going on in the world, and just crawl under the covers. Anyone interested in reading about depression, I especially think this book is good for non-depressives, is: NOONDAY DEMON by A. Solomon. The book is depressing as hell(pardon the pun) but an important read. I will try to visit more often, you people seem like real decent and iteresting folk, and I'd like to get to know you. Don't mind the mooning icon. I thought it was hilarious, and hell, we all need a laugh. Especially us. Sincerely, Lesley
  2. AnnG

AnnG New Member

Here's a big butt right back at ya! I take only 10mg of Prozac a day for depression. Would something like that work for you?
  3. Lesleyaw76

Lesleyaw76 New Member

only talked with psychotherapist..I meake the diagnosis of mild deepression, because I can still function in the world, and even though I have death fantasies, I was told that was "normal" though the woman I talked to was crazier than me so....<shrug>
  4. Lesleyaw76

Lesleyaw76 New Member

I want to try the exercise and healthy diet and meditation and all that sort of thing before I do the drug route, also I am extremely poor and afraid of doctors.
  5. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Do you have FMS or CFIDS? I am wondering whether you are on the right board. Sometimes people mistake us for the depression forum.

Love, Mikie
  6. Lesleyaw76

Lesleyaw76 New Member

Sorry about that, and who called me smart?