Life with CFS/ME - Canadian Newspaper

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Rafiki, Jun 30, 2009.

1. Rafiki

Rafiki New Member

It's a good piece. There is a regular feature in this paper, the Globe and Mail, where ordinary people write personal pieces. Although they are written by ordinary people, it is our national paper and has pretty high standards even for this feature so it is intelligent and well written.

* Our clever MeZombie found and sent this to me. I live where it was written and published and missed it!

What would we do without Zombers? Don't wanna know!

Peace out,
  2. jasminetee

jasminetee Member

That was powerful and amazing. You're right, what would we do without our mezombie?

Thanks for sharing Rafiki. :)

3. TigerLilea

TigerLilea Active Member

Thanks for posting this, Rafiki. That was a very well written piece about CFS.

I didn't realize you were Canadian. For some reason I thought you were in the UK. I'm in the Metro Vancouver area.
  4. Rafiki

Rafiki New Member

Always nice to see another Canuk! I love Vancouver. I've considered living there. It's beautiful and friends have moved there. You're lucky!

I'm in the eastern beach area of Toronto. It's like living in a Southern Ontario beach community with an urban flavour. I'm lucky!

This is a a really good piece, isn't it. I have never met anyone else in my city with this illness. It's interesting to see that there is a growing number despite there having been no discrete outbreak. People seem to have acquired it at several different times.

We used to get so excited about something like this in the paper. We are so blase now!

Maybe people are not copying and pasting the link. Is there anyone who knows how to make it clickable?

Thanks and
    Peace out

5. frickly

frickly New Member

You inspired me to check out my local newspaper for CFS stories. Sadly, there is almost nothing on the subject. If we at least had a story about it on occasion then I might not feel so nervous about talking about it. I don't talk about it to anyone. It only causes me to feel humiliated and dismissed.

I did find one article about a women with CFS who was dealing with mold in her home and then, unfortunatly, died. There is another conversation on this board about mold and CFS and thought they might be interested in this.

Take care,
    [This Message was Edited on 06/30/2009]
  6. Sacajawea2

Sacajawea2 Member

Well if you go to Vancouver, I'm going with ya~

I have tried to figure out how to make a link clickable on this new site and was not succsessful with my "formula"...I was hoping it could still be done but was told it's not currently possible. I'm hoping if it is, that someone can do it for us.

I know some people have trouble or don't know how to copy/paste or are hesitant (or too foggy) to open other websites...are you allowed to put the article out in full on this board?

I haven't read it yet but will as soon as I end this...

Love ya!

7. skeptik2

skeptik2 Member

Dear peaceful rafiki...

you are so right...mezombie keeps us so up to date..

don't know how she does it, she is top notch!

blessings on you both,
  8. mezombie

mezombie Member

Huh. I thought this would have been widely read by Canadians. It sounds like the Globe & Mail is as influential in Canada as the New York Times is in the States. Let's hope it was read and we just don't know about it!

Anyhow, I thought it was more appropriate for a Canadian to post it here ;)

Speaking of Canadians, where is Terch???

--"Zombers" (LOL)

PS Thanks for the compliments. I value all of you just as much! Where would we be without each other?
    [This Message was Edited on 07/01/2009]