~~ Life ~~

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by deecrossett, Nov 4, 2002.

1. deecrossett

deecrossett New Member

~~ Life ~~

'I may never see tomorrow, there is no written guarantee,
    and the things that happened yesterday, belong to history
    I cannot predict the future, I cannot change the past,
    I have just the precious present moments,
    I must treat it as my last.'

'I must use this moment wisely for it soon will pass away,
    and be lost forever,
    as a part of yesterday
    I must exercise the compassion
    help the fallen to their fort,
    Be a friend unto the friendless,
    make an empty life complete.

'The unkind things I do today may never be undone
    and the friendships that I fail to win
    may nevermore be won,
    I may not have another chance on bended knees to pray,
    and I thank God, with a humble heart
    for giving me this day.'

--Author Unknown
  2. CJ-Tex

CJ-Tex New Member

It is soooo true, and when the day is done.... God does answer knee mail!

In faith,
    C J
  3. Cactuslil

Cactuslil New Member

I truly am saddened that when I had the strength of youth I failed to hold a belief strong enough to convert to action; I know I am forgiven those days as they happened before my conversion; however there is no excuse for not trying harder, doing more. I recall a time a few years ago two sisters and I made a determination we would "touch" all the single sisters, mostly over 55, because we knew that blessing was often missing in their lives.

Now I fall into that leper-class but the Sunday's I make it I try my best to atleast hold a sister's hand and tell her I care and miss seeing her as I used to.

Of course, that extends beyond the meeting hall. I've been single more than married most of my adult life but blessed beyond measure to have done most all of what I wanted to do; the one thing I have not done, but am still trying, is to give my son his father. Not by relinquishment, but by common courtesy and giving him the benefit of the doubt concerning his conduct which caused us not to be a family.

I thank Heavenly Father for the touch of my dear canine companions! I thank also for living parents (79 yrs) and two grown daughters, one of which has been without a relationship in 8 years...she was severely hurt by a failed one and is just too scared to hurt like that again. I give her hugs! Love Lil'