Light relief for pain relief.....has anyone tried it?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by fibrobutterfly, Mar 31, 2007.

1. I saw a infomercial on tv and it showed it using red/infrared for pain. Robert Wagner does the infomercial. You can go to light relief dot com and see what I am talking about. Probably just another waste of money?
  2. AllWXRider

AllWXRider New Member

so she bought me the 2nd one. It helps her FM. You can cycle the Heat IR LED on and off.

I use it on my thymus (located above the heart) and liver.
    I have metal toxicity and CFS. I have not done an independant study. My mom and I are trying everything natural that we can afford...so to say that LightRelief is making a big difference is unfair, but there is so much evidence on the web about Red Light Therapy that I believe that it helps.

Sunlight also helps and its free! If you can find a private window to expose "sun" yourself that you're set!

$4 250W heat lamp bulb also helps, but you have to shield your eyes. This makes me sweat and smelly toxins come out.

Did you see the $700 red laser comb that the FDA says is approved to help men's hair grow back? Red light therapy again. I use my LightRelief on my scalp too.
  3. AllWXRider

AllWXRider New Member

1) Transfer Factors
    2) Magnetic pulse therapy
    3) Toxic metal chelation for Lead, Arsenic, antimony
    4) Tumeric & Myrrh chelation & anti-viral
    5) Red Light therapy
    6) InfraRed therapy ($4 heat lamp sauna)

If you Google Red Light Therapy there's ton of info. It was all discovered by a Naval submarine Medical Officer Harry Whelan, during a long undersea voyage, he noted that simple wounds took forever to heal. He discovered that light helped, but what color. Using filters, it turned out to be RED.
    "Harry T. Whelan, MD, Professor of Neurology, Pediatrics, and Hyperbaric Medicine at the Medical College of Wisconsin, found that diabetic skin ulcers and other wounds in mice healed much faster when exposed to the special LEDs in the lab. Laboratory research has shown that the LEDs also grow human muscle and skin cells up to five times faster than normal. The study is conducted at the College's MACC (Midwest Athletes Against Childhood Cancer) Fund Research Center.

"For most wounds, we do not need to interfere with nature's healing," Dr. Whelan said. "But this technology may be the answer for problem wounds that are slow to heal."

The Food and Drug Administration has approved a multi-year investigation of the LEDs as an experimental treatment by a team led by Dr. Whelan. The study, funded by NASA, will specifically examine the technology's effects on diabetic skin ulcers, serious burns and flesh wounds caused by radiation and chemotherapy treatments. The studies on patients are being done at Children's Hospital of Wisconsin and Froedtert Hospital."
    http://healthlink.mcw.edu/article/975450257.html