light weight vacuum

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by dollinitup, Aug 15, 2008.

1. dollinitup

dollinitup New Member

Does anyone here know of a very light easy to handle portable vacuum cleaner.

I have a nice upright but it is just so hard to use when I want to suck up cob webs in the basement.

Due to Ra and fm etc I have very little energy or strength to struggle with a regular vac.I don't care about so much about price as I do size and ease of use.

Thanks
  2. SPR30

SPR30 New Member

How about one of those portable vacs with the shoulder strap and the long hose for cleaning?

Try a small shop vac.

Or a 3 in 1 stick vac (Bissel makes one for about $20-30 at Walmart)

As far as upright vacs go the lightest seems to be the Oreck.
  3. dollinitup

dollinitup New Member

I was thinking about one of those shoulder ones but I don't think I've seen them in the stores. I did see one a long time ago on TV.

The 3 in 1 thing sounds like a good idea as well.
    I appreciate your reply, Thanks again.
  4. SPR30

SPR30 New Member

Glad I could help, have a wonderful weekend!
  5. sisland

sisland New Member

saw on TV where they have a new one called the shark,,,,it's very light weight and picks up alot! also has a handle the folds down for vacuming under the bed ,,,,couch,,,,etc,,,think it ran around $35.00,,,,,,,check on e-bay,,,,,,,goodluck!,,,,,,,Sis
  6. dollinitup

dollinitup New Member

I haven't bought one yet, so I will google the Shark and look around on e bay.

Thanks again
  7. fivesue

fivesue New Member

....has a lightweight rechargable vacuum that is two in one. I like the kind of upright one for just picking up stuff on hard surfaces...sooo much easier than dragging out the upright. The second is a hand-held that detaches from the unit.

I don't know about cob webs...the hand-held would be good if they weren't too high overhead...

Just my two cents.

Best of luck finding a good one.

Sue