Lightheaded and Brainfog are the same???

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by acuario, Mar 19, 2007.

1. acuario

acuario New Member

Hi, am curious if lightheaded and brainfog are the same or if people with lightheadedness have good memory and dont have brainfog???

Thank you so much..

Acuario
  2. Shalala

Shalala New Member

I have been lightheaded with and without the fog. Should be interesting thread. :)
  3. pw7575

pw7575 New Member

I too have had them separate from each other although most of the time they go hand in hand.

For me the brainfog isn't just forgetting stuff. For me it is feeling like I am in a fog or haze. I just feel weird and foggy. Just not clear headed.

I do get both the lightheaded feeling and the foggy feeling but sometimes not together.

Take Care,
    Pam
  4. AllWXRider

AllWXRider New Member

A lot of medications affect this. The tilt table test you asked about checks this too. It equates to dizziness from blood pressure adjustments that our body makes when changing from lying to standing or sitting. The adrenal glands play an important role in this as well.

Brain fog is just crap for concentration, memory: ADHD stuff. I have Lead toxicity. Lead and Mercury can really cause some bad brain fog.
  5. lilaclover30

lilaclover30 New Member

When i have it I feel as if I am somewhere else - i can't explain it. Feel as if i am doing things but not not quite4 aware of it - i can't tell you exactly what it is but I don't like it.

I have lightheadedness when I stand quickly.

Take care
  6. NWmama

NWmama New Member

I would take light-headedness any day over brain fog. Brain fog feels like your brain is made of molasses and the air around you of cotton. With brain fog I feel like I'm between this world and a never-ending dream state and can never connect fully in this waking state reality. It's miserable! Not that I wish light-headedness on anyone either.
  7. LadyC

LadyC New Member

Sometimes in the middle of doing something I forget how to do what I'm doing. I can be cooking something simple and suddenly forget what ingredients to use. Or working and forget how to do my job? It feels like the information just dropped out of my head.
  8. discoverygal

discoverygal New Member

I haven't really been able to describe the fog, but PW you described it the best so far.

I haven't felt light headed and fog at the same time though
  9. roge

roge Member

and brain fog are defintely not the same!!!, well to me anyway....can still think when one is light headed...light headed is an inconvenience to me , brain fog is much more, it interferes with my ability to function cognitively, it is as if my brain is in slow motion and actually research shows abnormal slow brain waves are present which means the brain is actually alseep.

On my EEG when I was awake, I had abnormal bitemporal slowing and again I would argue as I am not getting any slow wave sleep at night, so it as if my brain is trying to get or make up for it in the daytime or maybe it (brain fog) is the direct result of not getting slow wave sleep, but could be due to other factors as well, ie. virus in the CNS just to name one

peace
  10. brokenblonde

brokenblonde New Member

For me they are completely different things. Being lightheaded just makes me feel odd, lasts for a short period of time and I can still think when I feel lightheaded. When I get brainfog I feel very confused, lost and can't think straight to save my life. I can barely finish sentences and it can last for very long periods of time.

Jen x