Lightheaded feeling - Anxiety or CFIDS symptom?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia and ME & Chronic Fatigue Syndrome' started by meowchowchow, Oct 22, 2005.

1. meowchowchow

meowchowchow New Member

I almost always have this lightheaded feeling. It's not dizzy, there's no spinning. Just kind of a feeling of being in a cloud. Sometimes I feel like I could tip over but I never do.

I was wondering if this is anxiety (which I know is a symptom) or if this is a CFIDS symptom?

Anyone know?

Meow
  2. greatgran

greatgran Member

Meow, thanks for the post..I have the same feeling and I am not sure if it is cfs or the anxiety..I really think its cfs then the feeling makes me anxious and this was one of my first symptoms before I was dx with cfs..

I had anxiety before this but not this weird or strange or whatever feeling..Its hard to describe. Its like I am going to get dizzy, off balance and as the inside of my head is spinning but not...

When I get this way if I can lie down and go to sleep it seems to help, but can't always do this..Its as if my head is full of fluid or something and it would feel so could do have a clear head on the inside...

Not sure exactly what it is but I do think its cfs and then the anxiety follows.. I do hope someone has some answers for you...All I can say is I know the feeling..

Take care
  3. gmom605

gmom605 New Member

i also have that feeling like i want fall down but i don`t and i also have real bad anxiety attacks,like right now i had to stop i felt real light headed,, but i get nauseate ,too ,,do you ? i have fibro/cfs,, i try to lay down for awhile ,but feel worst so i don`t know what to do ,,,gmom,,, ugly feeling!!!!
  4. LISALOO

LISALOO New Member

It's CFS, I don't have anxiety. I get lightheaded a lot.
  5. springrose22

springrose22 New Member

One of the main symptoms is lightheadedness. Try drinking at least 1500 mls. of water each day, I just fill up a bottle of water, 500 mls, and drink three a day. Seems to help. Take care. Marie
  6. lcaldwell

lcaldwell New Member

hi

i have had cfids for 7 years now. lightheadedness was one of my first major symptoms. it is not a good feeling. i would often get nauseated with it as well. good news---it does get better. now in my 7th year, it is not that big a problem because i have learned what to do: rest in anyway that you can. don't push yourself to keep going. as you get more control over cfids, symptoms such as this one become less of problem so hang in there.

God bless!
  7. Txslady

Txslady New Member

I get a feeling that I have had a couple drinks, not drunk but feeling lightheaded. (I don't drink so 2 drinks will put me in the drunken state)

Since last Thursday my shoulders and left arm have been hurting, I have also had the lightheadedness since then. I was a little naseasous this morning.

I am tired of this whole mess.

Shannon