Lightheaded when walking

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lnw3602, Jan 17, 2007.

1. lnw3602

lnw3602 New Member

I've been told to walk 20 minutes three times a week. Since I've been doing this I notice I get light headed. It isn't dizzy, I just sort of feel detatched. I have to look at the ground, if I look up everything seems weird. Like the way a movie will show you how somebody feels on drugs. I am not on any drugs. Does this at all sound familiar with your FM symptoms?

Thanks,

Laura-Nell
  2. marilynb

marilynb New Member

But I am on several meds & believe it could be caused by one or a combo of them.

It could also be related to the inner ear.

It could also have something to do with blood pressure.
    Have you check your blood pressure?

Maybe it is a symptom of FM. I have just noticed it in the last 4-5 weeks or so. Has only happened on 4 occasions. Just guessing now as to what it could be...

If you find out what yours is caused from, please let me know. I'll do the same for you.

Good luck,
    Marilyn
  3. pw7575

pw7575 New Member

I have CFS not FM but I basically feel like that all the time. I always feel lightheaded or hazzy or whatever you want to call it. Like you described...like you said how a movie will show someone on drugs even though I am not. I have described it that way to people too.

The feeling is definitely worse when I exercise. Not sure if it is my low blood pressure or whatever but it is because of my CFS. So just wondering if you possibly have CFS too.

Sorry that is happening. I would check your blood pressure. I know it sucks! Try having to drive to the doctors when you feel that way. I had to do it today...not fun!!

Hope you can figure it out.
    Pam
  4. lnw3602

lnw3602 New Member

I only got a diagnosis in December. I'm going to see a doctor with hopefully more interest next week. I am glad to hear that somebody else has this weird feeling. Also, I'm sorry you do. My blood pressure is on the low side of normal usually. Can't really check it myself while walking though.

Thanks for your input.

Laura-Nell
  5. pw7575

pw7575 New Member

I know it sucks when you get weird symptoms and don't know why. I am glad to share my experience even if I can't offer any help. At least now you know you aren't the only one. That always helps me...to know that I am not alone.

I would say it is probably the blood pressure but you can ask the doctor what he/she thinks. You can try taking your BP right after walking and see. You may also have CFS...not sure what all of your symptoms are but exercise intolerance is a symptom of CFS.

Ask the doctor...and for now just know that you aren't alone.

Take Care,
    Pam :)
  6. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

This could also be caused by low blood sugar.

If you haven't been tested yet, this is something your doc should be looking at too. Instead, even mine put all my symptoms in the FM file and ignored other reasons for symptoms.

Hugs,

Nancy B