Like cfs/fm werent enough, then dd, now pnut butter (srry whiny)

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by emttoni, Feb 17, 2007.

1. emttoni

emttoni New Member

Can I vent here a little? Sorry about this~

With everything I have wrong on top of it all, this year we had to pull dd out of high school and decided to home school her. Drugs, sex, drinking, bad friends, grades shot, the works. and then going thru court for restraining order, then ex bf made threats and broke restraining order, more court, crap!!

Now I find out we have all been being poisoned since about August fromthis peanit butter! Of course I buy the chepaest I can find being on social security money is very tight. We checked the pantry and I had FIVE jars of that poison in there! All were in differnt stages of full or empty and all had the numbers.

DD who we are keeping hoome from schhol is now ahving bad stomach pains and we went int to the dr and theyc ant see her until wed. but said if she gets worse take her to er. She keeps telling us she doenst need to go but everytime she eats she gets bad pains so we willbe there before the day is up wether she likes it or not!

Can i just scream now? Sorry to dump on you all but feel I am going crazy. Its just one thing on top of another and doesnt seem to be getting to a close soon.

Gentle hugs all ~ Toni
  2. dononagin

dononagin New Member

Ya know I found this breakout interesting as I just took my serve safe class a few weeks ago and this is one of the pathogens we studied. Usually Salmonella is associated with Poultry, Dairy Products, Beef and Eggs. You wouldn't normally think of Peanut butter as a possible carrier for Salmonella.

Many Farm Animals carry Salmonella naturally. It can be picked up from produce that has come in contact with animals or their waste (including fertilizer).
    To reduce the risk in our normal foods you just cook raw beef, poultry and eggs to the required minimum internal Temperatures.

Also, it is suggested that you minimize cross contamination between raw meat and poultry and ready to eat food. (For instance a different cutting board and clean knife for cutting up a salad than you used to cut up that chicken!

Also, store raw meats and poultry on a lower rack in your refrigerator than your vegetables or ready to eat products to prevent dripping.

This Peanut butter thing is really random! We found some on our shelf at home too. Luckily none of us have got sick from it.

I copied some info for you below on Salmonella related illnesses. Hope your family is ok!

"Some of the symptoms include nausea, diarrhea, vomiting, stomach cramps, headaches, muscle aches and fever. It may take 12 to 72 hours for any symptoms to develop. the symptoms may last for four to seven days.

Doctors say the effects can go away on their own but in some cases, you should see your physcian. Salmonella symptoms are totally curable. When more serious cases are untreated, there could be long term effects such as chronic arthritis, bone infection, pnuemonia and even meningitis.

Salmonella can be caught through contact through with raw foods, primarily poultry and meat. These items should be kept away for other things you handle or eat.

Person to person contact is another way the bacteria is spread. That's why it's important to always keep you hands clean.

Lastly, contact with animals. Animals feces can carry salmonella and so can reptiles, even turtles. "

Take care!
    Dona

BTW - I went through alot of stuff like that with my teen too. She is doing great now. Hopefully things will settle down for you soon. It's hard life is so darned stressful!
    Hugs![This Message was Edited on 02/17/2007]