Lily's thoughts on mercury

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by klccag, Mar 17, 2006.

1. klccag

klccag New Member

Well, just wanted to tell you I had my amalgam fillings removed on Monday. Within an hour I had a horrible migraine. The next day I had a migraine too, along with very achy legs. They are still achy, by the way. I have been taking a natural product to help get rid of mercuty in my body. I think I mentioned it before, but I do not want to sound like I am promoting it, I am trying to figure out if it works myself.

To those people who say they do not think mercury is their problem, I would say, it may not be. You may have some other toxic or other heavy metal presence in your body. The best way to figure it out is to have a hair analysis test done. You may have aluminum or copper overload, etc. I should have my test back next week, will share the results.

I have a prety good link. It is on depression, but read about heavy metals and bones. http://www.nutrition4health.org/NOHAnews/NNSp97Nutrientsdepression.htm

Here is an exerpt:

5. Toxic Overload

Excessive levels of lead, cadmium, mercury, and other toxins can result in serious depression. In this case, depression may occur quite suddenly without prior symptoms, and may be accompanied by nausea, abdominal discomfort, bad breath, and reduced concentration. Effective treatment requires (1) preventing additional exposure to the toxic material, and (2) promoting its exit from the body. Treatment varies with the particular toxic involved. Useful nutrients include calcium, zinc, cysteine, manganese, and vitamins B-6, C, and E. Serious toxic exposures require supervision by a physician since overly aggressive treatment could result in kidney damage. Most toxic metals are bone-seekers, which complicates the treatment process. It is relatively easy to clear toxic metals from blood and soft tissues (including the brain), but removing toxic metals from bone is a slow and gradual process at best. Often 6-12 months are needed before blood concentrations become stabilized at a safe level.

Postscript

2. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

It explains things in a clearer way, and how to chelate really.

Cilantro and green juices are good for chelation as is bicarbonate(soda water).

As you say blood and tissues are easy, but muscle and bone not so.

Love Anne C
  3. klccag

klccag New Member

Anne,

The product I use is cilantro based. It is called NDF. Anybody who is interested can read about it on naturaldetox.org.
    Like I said, I am not promoting it, just found it couple of weeks ago on the web.

God bless
  4. matthewson

matthewson New Member

I have a question for you. How did you decide that mercury was the cause of all of your symptoms (do you have FMS/CFS)? Did you have testing done? I just wonder why you are only looking at one thing as being the source of all of you health problems?

Just wondering. Sally
  5. klccag

klccag New Member

Sally,

I have moved to the United States in 1995. In 1996 and 1997 I had a lot of dental work done. Majority of my fillings were so-called silver, but in reality mercury (I did not know this untill about 4 weeks ago. Prior to moving to the U.S. I had absolutely no health problems, very rearly did I even get a cold. Things started to change in early 2000s, especilly in the last two years. I would joke that I was turning like my husband: could not remember things (like stew on the stove, that wasn't funny, I almost burned the house down), grew increasingly tired and achy. It started with my legs, I thought it was not enough calcium in my bones, then my hands bacame achy as well. About a year ago I started becoming allergic to my deodorant (most of them are, by the way, aluminum based - toxic to human body). My brain became foggy, I also bacame more frustrated. I also started getting migraines which I never got in my life. Last fall I developed a yest infection on my tongue (right after my dental cleaning). Yest overgrowth is caused by excess mercury in a person's body. It's a survival mechanism for yeast cells. My mouth right after my cleaning had plenty of mercury in it. By the way, I do have a yeast infection right now on my tongue. Yeas, I know, I just had two mercury fillings removed!

As for my husband he also has 4 mercury fillings. His grandpa who had numerous mercury fillings died of Alzeimers 5 years ago...

I was researching mercury and autism because my son has a lot of ASD symptoms. He is not autistic, but does have sensory, speach issues as well as allrgies and asthma. He did receive vaccines with mercury preservatives in them; everybody did since 1930s till just recently. Even still some baby shots, majority of flu shots, tetnus shots contain mercury (very powerful neurotoxin!)

My youngest son is has been a victim of mercury poisoning as well. Last spring he started having "tickling" numb legs and hands, headaches, fatigue. We took him to the family doctor, he sent us to the neurologist. They did MRIs of his little body, numerous blood tests and found nothing. His symptoms slowly went away in late summer, early fall. In the last two weeks I realized that he was eating a lot of Chinese sea food (shrimp and immitation crab meat), about 3 times a week. It's a long story why we were eating a lot of Chinese, but it lasted from March through July, after July we did not eat it as frequently and recently completely stopped. Right now he has no symptoms whatsoever.

So this is a story. If you do not believe me, I can't make you, but I do hope that my experience will help somebody. I am far from being done with this, so I will keep those who are interested posted on the progress.

My head is already feeling clearer, my legs are still pretty achy.
  6. deb06

deb06 New Member

As a dental assistant for many years and seeing countless people, all healthy, with a who mouthful of silver filling, and all the research that I have read and all the seminars I have attended.... have indicated that for the most part dentists can take advantage of sick people by making sooo much money promising them health by removing all their fillings, and it is just a money making gimmick.

This is only MY opinion, from what I have learned and experienced. I have read of people who have improved following having this done- but I wonder if they would have anyway or if it was psycosomatic or something.

Mercury fillings are very safe these days. Years ago the mercury actually had to be squeezed out of the amalgam with squeeze clothes and it was excessive. It is not anymore.- in my opinion. And years ago we never heard of anyone getting sick because of it.

Again this is only one opinion, and there is many opposing opinions out there.

Luv, Deb
  7. Jana1

Jana1 New Member

My husband is a dentist and has studied and spent much time researching this whole mercury thing since he is asked by so many people about it.

He agrees with you, that not enough mercury is even present, let alone able to escape into the body to give people mercury poisoning.

He has removed amalgams for patients but they did not report any change in their health.

But??? How can anyone say that NO ONE has been made worse by amalgams...blanket statements just can't be made with these syndromes.

Jana
  8. klccag

klccag New Member

Jana and Deb,

I do not want to sound judgemental, but both of apperantly have FM or CFS since you are on this forum. Dentists and their families do have a lot more chronic deseases. I'll post a link, read for yourself.

All the people with dental amalgams that you claim were healthy... Did you question any of them on their health?
    If you did, you might be surprised.

Best wishes, Lily

P.S. By the way my dentist says they are O.K. He has to say that or he will lose his license through ADA. He reluctuntly agreed to take them out. Also read on the amalgam law suit in Canada. Lots of European countries have banned amalgam and most likely it will be banned in the U.S. in 2008 through Congress.

http://www.flcv.com/amalg6.html
  9. auntyemnga

auntyemnga New Member

I also believe that mercury toxicity is valid. I am currently going through chelation therapy to get my body ready to have my fillings replaced.

I am posting to say 'Thank You, Thank You' for that wonderful website....very informative!

Auntyem
  10. auntyemnga

auntyemnga New Member

I did a google search on California & law & mercury and found the following:

Many promising advances have taken place. A bill was introduced in Congress that would phase out the use of dental amalgam mercury fillings.

It would begin by requiring a warning to all consumers, and ban the use of mercury fillings in pregnant women and children under 18. By 2007, the bill would call for mercury filling use to be banned entirely. The bill currently lacks the support it needs to pass, and it faces powerful opposition from the ADA and mercury manufacturers.

New Hampshire passed legislation this year to require that patients be warned about the risks of mercury fillings. In California, legislation is pending that is similar to the federal bill to ban mercury fillings. Norway is also considering banning amalgam use.

Additionally, several developments threatening patient safety have been reversed. The Oregon Dental Board had adopted a rule forbidding dentists from warning their patients about the harms of mercury amalgam fillings. The ACLU warned that the board's "gag rule" violated the dentists constitutional right to free speech. The Oregon Dental Board responded by reversing its rule. The Florida Dental Board was attempting to pass a rule that would forbid dentists from replacing dental amalgam fillings in their patients for health reasons. After hearing the evidence presented against mercury fillings, the board voted unanimously against adopting the rule. In California, when the dental board repeatedly failed to adopt a fact sheet warning the public about the risks of mercury dental fillings, the state legislature dismissed the entire board. The governor has now appointed a holistic, mercury-free dentist to serve on the new board.

Several lawsuits are being waged to halt the use of mercury fillings. Lawsuits in three states have been filed against the ADA and other corporations. These lawsuits are on behalf of several autistic children and their parents, alleging a link between mercury fillings and autism. In California, two class action lawsuits are being filed against the California Dental Association and the ADA, one on behalf of patients who had to replace their mercury fillings due to health problems, and another alleging "unfair, unlawful, and fraudulent business practices."

I hope this helps,
    Auntyem

11. skierchik

skierchik New Member

Thanks, Auntyem, for this info. I sure hope all states change the laws.

skierchik
  12. auntyemnga

auntyemnga New Member

You're welcome. I've also updated my FCT post with my visit this last Tuesday.

How's it going? I'm thinking what you're doing is going faster than what I'm doing. What are your thoughts?

Auntyem
  13. matthewson

matthewson New Member

A few things make me very leery about your posts. One, you seem to want to drawn attention to yourself and your posts as opposed to wanting to engage in a give and take dialog and talk about other things besides mercury.

We have seen people come and go who only post about one thing. They are not interested in talking about anything else besides the ONE thing that is causing all of our problems. They are not interested in getting to know any of our members and their struggles day-to-day. These type of posts about ONE thing only, do succeed in a lot of attention because typically some members will side with the poster and say that they are taking a lot of heat and other's will disagree with the poster. This only feeds into the original posters intent of drawing all the attention to themselves. As I said, I have seen this before on this board.

It's too bad because it polarizes the board and personally, I think these types of posts where only one thing is posted about should be taken out.

You have made your point. Anything else is just attention-seeking in my opinion. Please post on something else if you really are interested in fully participating on this board.

Sally
  14. skierchik

skierchik New Member

People don't feel better after having them taken out (that's me exactly) because this poison is stored in the brain and tissues and in your bones. It doesn't not come out of most of us very easily. You have to purposely go on a mercury detoxification protocol in order to get rid of it. Even on the protocol it comes out last! Lead, cadmium, pesticides, herbicides all will detox first and lead is the last to come out of your body. I urge you to do some research on the topic.

I never thought that "mercury" was my problem until about 7 weeks ago when my doc ran some blood tests. I thought my problem was just "toxins" in general. It showed mercury and pesticides to be a problem. We'll see if this gets rid of my CFS/FM, but so far, I am feeling alot better.

Hugs,

skierchik
    [This Message was Edited on 03/19/2006]
  15. skierchik

skierchik New Member

I, for one, appreciate your passion on this topic and greatly appreciate the information you share with us.

I don't feel, for one second that your are just trying to draw attention to yourself, so I hope you keep posting topics that you want to share with everyone, no matter what the topic is, and no matter if they are one sided.

We learn from each other and that's what it's about. People who keep an "open mind" are ones that will learn and grow and eventually get better.

Thanks for sharing with us.

skierchik
  16. deb06

deb06 New Member

I never did say that NOONE has been negatively affected by mercury poisoning. I believe that people can have negative affects from it- just like people can have negative affects from penicillin. Some people can react very negatively to certain subtances.

I DO believe that there are people out there that have improved by having them removed- but not in my personal experience....that does not mean that it has not happened.

What bothers me is that there are dentists out there that prey on sick people who would do anything to try to get better. They will happily take thousands of dollars and give false hope with no proof this IS what is causing health problems.

I KNOW quack dentists that have done this. I also know of a devout Christian dentist that crowns every tooth he can find with only a small filling, just to make the hundreds of dollars on crowning the tooth.

In my experience I heard to many stories of people being taken advantage of. Ther are so many programs taking advantage of sick people like us that would do or pay anything just to feel better.

That is all I am saying. I am not saying it isn't possible that someone has mercury poisoning. I am just saying to research it a bit before jumping into something on just the opinion of one dentist that may not be doing or remcommending this for the right reasons.

This is why I emphasized that this is only my OPinion- from my experience, and knowledge. Only my opinion- to be careful and get second opinions and do research.

Good luck all and I do very much respect the opinions on the flip side. The only person who REALLY knows if removing all there silver fillings worked- is the person who had it done. It is a controversial subject and it is perfectly fine not to agree. I like reading opposing points of view- it expands ones mind!

Luv, Deb