limb weakness

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by twitcher, Jun 2, 2006.

1. twitcher

twitcher New Member

I'm new at this. Can fibro cause weakness and dragging of a leg?
  2. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

I started with my left leg dragging.Now my arms and both legs are affected.Have you been diagnose?Welcome to the board.Linda
  3. twitcher

twitcher New Member

Yes I have but I'm having a hard time believing it because it feels so much like a neurological illness to me with the weakness, twitching, numbness etc...
  4. twitcher

twitcher New Member

Can it actually cause dragging of a leg, weakness?
  5. elliespad

elliespad Member

I have HORRIBLE weakness in my limbs, especially legs, hips, all the time. Once in a while I will have a leg that drags, and it surprises even me to realize I am dragging a leg. Seems to come on for no apparent reason and then gradually improves over the course of a day or two. Usually happens only twice a year, thank God.
  6. Michelle_NZ

Michelle_NZ New Member

It could be the fibro... but it could also be something else... the foot drag is characteristic of MS. Perhaps you should see a neurologist just to be safe?

Take care
    Michelle
  7. twitcher

twitcher New Member

Your replies.

Michelle,

I've seen 3 neuro's, had MRI's of brain, C-spine, thoracic and lumbar spine, evoked potentials, EMG, and two weeks ago, a spinal tap. The spinal tap was done with an episode of leg dragging. Every single test came out completely normal. I'm desperately trying to figure out what I have. The only answer I have gotten is Fibro.
  8. TxSongBird

TxSongBird New Member

I once could grasp a glass with no problem, but now I drop most things and that is why plastic dishes in our house is a must. I use to be able to easily turn a door knob, but it takes two hands just for that task. The weakness in my hands and arms have gotten worse on the last year and sometimes I feel helpless, but I have been known to use my teeth to grasp something in order to get it open or to hold it.

TxSongBird