LINAMENT GEL THATS GREAT FOR PAIN & MUSCLES

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by rosebud41298, Jun 11, 2003.

1. rosebud41298

rosebud41298 New Member

ABOUT A YEAR AGO A GIRLFRIEND WHO OWNS HORSES AND ALSO HAS FIBRO TOLD ME ABOUT A GREAT GEL FOR PAIN & MUSCLES. IT IS CALLED "ABSORBINE (LIKE ABSORBINE JR.) SPEARMINT SCENTED GEL." IT HAS A PICTURE OF A HORSE ON IT. MAKE SURE IT SAYS SPEARMINT SCENTED. USED FOR HORSES AND SUCH BUT NOW ON THE MARKET FOR HUMANS. I CAN'T USE ALOT OF GELS, ETC BECAUSE IT MAKES MY SKIN ON FIRE. YOU WILL FIND IT IN DRUG STORES, AND PLACES THAT CARRY PRODUCTS FOR FARM ANIMALS (TRACTOR SUPPLIES, ETC.) I HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT!!

CHERYL
  2. RLCarter03

RLCarter03 New Member

Thanks for the information! I just found a good one too. It is Epsom Salt Gel. It is made with epsom salt and menthol. But I will definitely look into yours also. Make sure you don't put any of them on right after a bath...that will cause your skin to be on fire...also no capsacian. That burned my skin so bad once, I had to call the e.r. to find out what to do. If you get burned by a product with capsacian in it...good ole vegetable oil all over where you are on fire will stop the burning. (of course then shower off the oil!)
  3. Applyn59

Applyn59 New Member

Thanks for the info. I can't stand anything with
    capiscan in it either.

I normally use ben gay - but I can't feel it unless
    I put it on after a hot shower.

Lynn
  4. Bambi

Bambi New Member

think some of these topical creams
    lose their effect after awhile. I started out years ago with Flexall,
    since then went through the shelf at
    the drug store trying them all. I found PK5 and for several months it
    really helped, then nothing. So I went back (my husband did) and we've
    been through all the other top names
    and a few housebrands. Lately I've
    been back to old Flexall and it's been helping. The Capsacian felt like I was literally on fire and left a
    burn that peeled the skin like a sunburn. I saw some poor woman on one
    of the medical shows on t.v. who had
    something wrong with her feet. They
    not only slathered the capsacian on
    her feet (thick) but then wrapped
    them. She had to endure this for hours, like a couple of days! Whatever it was wrong with her it did
    fix, but I don't see how she even had feet left! I don't think the warnings on the label of that stuff is strong
    enough because I have several friends who ended up with severe burns like I
    did. Will look for your topical this
    week! Thanks for the information!
    Love, Bambi