Link betwen 2 life threatening illnesses and CFIDS

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by gayatri, Nov 23, 2006.

1. gayatri

gayatri New Member

Has anyone heard if a person who has suffered from breast cancer, received surgery,chemo,radiation and is on hormone therapy then 2 years 15 months later has SBE ( sub acute bacterial endocarditis -born with VSD ended up with CFIDS.

I am frustrated and still can't understand why I can't get my energy level back to where it used to be, suffering from muscle and joint pains. Sever headaches, can't seem to get sleep or feel energised after sleeping and have difficulty focussing or concentraing.

Used to be able to work for 12+ hours/day,travel, look after a child and my mother and cope with a stressful personal relationship, now I feel like I cna't even buy groceries or cook a meal without thinking I have challenge.

Would love to heard from anyone.
  2. chloeuk

chloeuk New Member

if in fact it isnt the diseases but the treatment...the reason i say that is I was talking to a lady who had been diagnosed with cancer and was treated with chemo(methotrexate) and then went on to develop cfs/fms..I didnt have cancer but I was also on methotrexate for almost a year for severe psoriasis..so got me thinking that maybe others had a similar experience with immune suppresant drugs.
  3. Catseye

Catseye Member

I had cfs and when I was feeling good enough, I did the antiviral chemotherapy to get rid of the hep c (interferon shots and ribavirin pills). This stuff got rid of the virus but messed with my liver and made the cfs 10x worse than it was. They should put cfs as a side effect of chemo in their drug info. karen