Link to Dr Schaller's free Babesia book...Babesia can cause chronic fatigue

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Nanie46, Nov 1, 2009.

1. Nanie46

Nanie46 Moderator

Hi everyone,

Babesia is a protozoa that infects red blood cells.

It can be transmitted by tick bites and also by blood transfusion (although our nation's blood supply is not screened for babesia!)

Babesia can cause chronic fatigue, migraines, air hunger and night sweats, ect.....although not all people with babesia have all those symptoms.

People who have babesia often have lyme (borrelia burgdorferi) also.

Dr Schaller has made his book available for free. Here is the link....
  2. victoria

victoria New Member

have you read it? My son had (has?) babesia... along with lyme & bartonella. Not sure if it's still present, that dx had to be clinical one, but head sweats pretty much defined it as it was the most likely... and pretty much stopped, tho still gets it occasionally.

all the best,

3. Nanie46

Nanie46 Moderator

I have read parts of it, but not the entire book yet.

I think babesia treatment can be key though for people who have overwhelming fatigue, post exertional malaise, migraines, insomnia, sweats or air hunger....seems that most people do not have all of those symptoms....but at least one.

4. victoria

victoria New Member

I realize that the book is a bit controversial as to how much actual usable info is given, and also he's become a bit controversial (not just his treatment, tho nobody 'seems' to know what it is, but he himself)... wonder if he ever consults with other doctors... I've heard some pts swear by him, and others he's had less than one would consider a good 'bedside manner'...
  5. AuntTammie

AuntTammie New Member

and Nanie, I guess I must just have all the luck, then....I have all those symptoms, and ever so many more, too