Lipitor?

Discussion in 'General Health & Wellness' started by Adl123, Aug 25, 2003.

1. Adl123

Adl123 New Member

My doctor prescribed Lipitor for me today, even though he knows that I have Chronic Fatigue, Fibromyalgia and have had a bad liver in the past, though it tests out normal, now. I am concerned about taking this medication. Any comments?
    Thanks, in advance, for an help you can give me.
    Terry
  2. deblouwhit

deblouwhit New Member

Hi,I was on Zoccar,liver functions were off, and my gastro Dr. told me not to take it, said it might help your heart and brain and blood vessells, but it lodged everything in your liver and led to chirrosis.My internist wasn't too happy, he thinks I should listen to him and take it.Good Luck!
  3. dewm

dewm New Member

Hello,
    I am on lipitor for 2 years and never had side effects and it brought my cholesterol down from 300 to 200 I do all the right things but everytime I get of the lipitor my cholesterol goes up again.
    I checked the lipitor message board and many people suffer because of using lipitor. It really scared me but everybody react different to medication and because other poeple have trouble with it don't let it scare you.
    Good Luck. dewm
  4. broken47

broken47 New Member

I would be wary. I suffered a great deal from Lipitor. They found out that I was allergic to statins...so I can't take any cholesterol meds.

If you find that your fibro symptoms increase, let the doc know right away.

Good Luck,
    brok
  5. Marcie

Marcie New Member

Adl123, Lipitor and all other STATIN drugs are contra-indicated for Fibro. In lay man's terms they're poison to our systems. Don't take them. This is coming from a conference I went to on Fibro in Windsor/Detroit area doctors. I went off Lipitor after a week (it's a sadistic prescription for people with Fibro.), and started taking Omega 3-6-9's instead. I take 12 Omega 3-6-9's a day and brought my Cholesterol down 3 points taking these. They don't cause any pain the way Lipitor and other statins do and THEY WORK. Try this plan.
    Marci
  6. Marcie

Marcie New Member

Adl123, Lipitor and all other STATIN drugs are contra-indicated for Fibro. In lay man's terms they're poison to our systems. Don't take them. This is coming from a conference I went to on Fibro in Windsor/Detroit area doctors. I went off Lipitor after a week (it's a sadistic prescription for people with Fibro.), and started taking Omega 3-6-9's instead. I take 12 Omega 3-6-9's a day and brought my Cholesterol down 3 points taking these. They don't cause any pain the way Lipitor and other statins do and THEY WORK. Try this plan.
    Marci
  7. Asatrump

Asatrump New Member

I have been taking lipitor since it first came out on the market, started 10 mg. per day and have stayed at 20 mg. per day. I had fibro pain before I started taking it, and have not noticed much difference. Doctor does blood work. I have a lot to learn , I never heard the word statin, I just figured the doctor would handle it. I will try and learn some things. My cholesterol is heriditary, my kids in their 30's take meds for it also. Please keep posting any new information, it helps all of us.
  8. Marcie

Marcie New Member

Don't take it! It's a deadly drug for Fibromyalgia. I experienced this first hand. I took it one day, and couldn't get out of bed the next. Also, I attended a conference on Fibro,. headed by an American doctor who has Fibr. She stated that Statin drugs (Liptor is the leading one) are NOT RECOMMENDED. They cause increased muscle pain and we have enough. I substituted Lipitor with 9 - 12 OMEGA 3-6-9 capsules and brought my cholesterol down 3 points without the pain. Hope this helps.