Lisa-I have a diet question??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by VickyB, Jan 28, 2003.

1. VickyB

VickyB New Member

What do you use for protein on your "eat for blood type diet"? Also does it help the fms or cfs?? Would you mind giving me some receipes or a typical menu for a day.
    Thanks, Vicky
    How are you feeling??
  2. VickyB

VickyB New Member

I have been on this diet before but can't remember what I was suppose to eat. Diet is easier to say than way of life but you are right, it is a way of life. My blood type is A positive. Thanks for your help.
    Vicky
  3. lisjhn

lisjhn New Member

I'm not on it now, but when I was I did find I had already ate pretty much like my blood type said anyway. I'm a A- so citrus fruits, like oranges and tomatoes are a no-no and I could never tolerate those anyway, they are too acidic for me. Also, Type A is for vegetarians which I've been for 18 years now. I think my body just craved those foods I was supposed to be eating naturally. I do eat cheese which I'm not supposed to, and I see why, I have a hard time digesting it. But coffee is good for type A's, yeay!

Right now I get my protein from gardenburgers, boca burgers, boca sausages, cheese, almond butter, eggs....

I've been eating like crap lately to be honest. I'm about to go sugar-free, wheat-free and dairy-free again, I feel much better that way.

~LISA
  4. VickyB

VickyB New Member

Do you eat fish or chicken or turkey on this diet? I can't remember. How do you get your B-12?? Does the bocca things have B-12 in them?
    Thanks, Vicky
  5. lisjhn

lisjhn New Member

Eggs too. Also my B-12 shots help a lot...ha. Yes, there are meats for type A's, if I remember correctly, they were weird ones though....let me get my book. Be right back.
  6. lisjhn

lisjhn New Member

...before someone else does. For vegetarians, the best sources to get B-12 is of course milk, cheese and eggs. However they are finding that spinach and soybeans grown in organic soils have B-12 in them too. B-12 is ordinarily hard to find in plant sources. OK, that said..

Type A's are for vegetarians. There is no meats listed on the Highly beneficial list, but Chicken, Cornish hens and Turkey are listed on the Neutral column. (Meaning, it's OK to eat, won't benefit you, but won't harm you either.)

Food to Avoid list are: bacon, beef, buffalo, duck, goose, ham, heart, (stay away from that heart Vicky!) lamb, mutton, partridge, pheasant, pork, rabbit, veal, venison and quail.

But Seafoods like carp, cod, rainbow trout, salmon, sardines, whitefish and red snapper are just some listed in the highly beneficial column.

However Avoid, anchovies, barracuda, beluga, bluefish, bluegill bass, catfish, caviar, clams and conch.

Remember....no mutton either tonight!
  7. VickyB

VickyB New Member

Thanks for looking that up for me!! I will stay away from the heart and I do not even know what mutton is?? This diet is coming back to me now. I remember some of it now. I use to drink Vanilla flavor Soymilk, that is yumey and so is Coffee Latte flavor Soymilk plus I am sure there is B-12 in it.
    Thanks again, Vicky