lisamay - headaches please read

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by fibolady, Oct 12, 2002.

1. fibolady

fibolady New Member

just wanted you to know that i had a "headache" reaction to the generic of ultram (tramadol). i saw one of your replies that you had an increase in the number of headaches (actually a headache the whole time i took the tramadol). some others on the board had a similar reaction.

please keep us posted on your visit to the neurologist. i am battling headaches too and that is the next step. just curious as to what the neuro doctor will put you through, tests, etc.

thanksomuch,
    warm regards, fibolady
  2. fibolady

fibolady New Member

just wanted you to know that i had a "headache" reaction to the generic of ultram (tramadol). i saw one of your replies that you had an increase in the number of headaches (actually a headache the whole time i took the tramadol). some others on the board had a similar reaction.

please keep us posted on your visit to the neurologist. i am battling headaches too and that is the next step. just curious as to what the neuro doctor will put you through, tests, etc.

thanksomuch,
    warm regards, fibolady
  3. LisaMay

LisaMay New Member

Thanks Fibolady! I had just read somewhere that Tramadol can cause headaches. I'm going to request Ultram from my pharmacist today and see if it helps. I do have constant headaches accompanied by a buzzing feeling in my head. I also plan to mention this to my rheumy next week. Keep your fingers crossed.

I'll keep you posted on my neuro visit.

Lisa
  4. SleepyWillow25

SleepyWillow25 New Member

The # 1 side affect of tramadol is headaches! I found this out after i was given tramadol to help my pain levels and my headaches. Everytime I took the tramadol i ended up worse with my headache. Sometimes also they did the opposite to me and i could not sleep all night till 7 AM. Other times it would hit me within 5 mins of taking them and i slept for hours. There are two forms of tramadol slow releasing and fast acting.

This is a wonderful site where I looked up the information about tramadol and now I look up ALL of my medication before use via this site and of course talking to my doctor if i have any concerns.

Drug Information Online - http://www.drugs.com/

Keep your chin up!

Love

Belle