lisapetrison: ?? about AVs and coconut oil

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by frankie78, Apr 15, 2007.

1. frankie78

frankie78 New Member

hi.

i remember reading (i think) in some post of yours that you've found coconut oil mixed with moisturizer helpful in treating acne or rashes caused by famvir. i was hoping you could tell me how much coconut oil you used.

i'm on valcyte now and having a terrible time with acne and other things that i guess are technically acne but much bigger, as well as very itchy skin.

(you kow when you don't get out of bed much or even get dreessed, let alone do your hair of makeup, it would be nice if my face didn;t look like a minefield! lol )

any info would be greatly appreciated!!!
    thanks!

frankie
  2. frankie78

frankie78 New Member

3. Slayadragon

Slayadragon New Member

Oh, I just used a small amount. Maybe 1/4 teaspoon? That stuff's pretty greasy, and so there would be a limit that you could use. I mixed it in my hand with the moisturizer so that it would go on more smoothly and not feel as goopy, then applied once or twice a day.

I didn't have a _huge_ problem to begin with. My face got red in general, and there were some even redder and sort of bumpy patches. It was like this pretty much all the time for the first couple of months of taking Famvir, and then disappeared when I started the coconut oil.

That problem seems to have gone on hiatus now, but I wouldn't be surprised if it comes back later (e.g. when I start Famvir).

I have to say I was extremely surprised that this worked. It would be interesting to see if it did so for anyone else, since skin problems on Valcyte seem common.

Best, Lisa
  4. frankie78

frankie78 New Member

thank you.

will try, and i'll let you know how it works with the valcyte.

frankie