Lisapetrison re DHEA Charlie Rose show

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Gretchen12, Jan 15, 2007.

1. Gretchen12

Gretchen12 New Member

Sorry I am just now getting back to you, but I had company over the weekend. I just now watched the show again (which was taped on 1/04/07). The doctor interviewed was Etienne-Emile Baulieu, a French physician, biochemist, and former president of the French Academy of Science.

His research is in repair of the body through hormones when they are not at the proper level.

He strongly believes in DHEA through his research. The main points he made were:

1. DHEA has a very good effect on the nervous system.

2. DHEA is a good receptor for neurotransmitters in the brain

3. DHEA helps with depression--makes you feel better.

4. DHEA helps with immunodeficiencies.

5. DHEA helps the pulmonary artery, especially if you have a lack of oxygen.

6. Have DHEA levels checked and definitely take if you are low.

7. No side effects in taking if your levels are low.

Hope this is helpful.

By the way, I appreciate and admire your fighting spirit!
    We can never give up.

Gretchen

2. balletdancer74

balletdancer74 New Member

Hi Gretchen,

Thanks for sharing that particular Charlie Rose segment. I was placed on 25mg of DHEA for one month when I was 25 (I'm 32 now) which actually helped me a lot. I have CFIDS/M.E. and FM/MPS and Lyme, a small pituitary adenoma/tumor, etc. Once my levels were normal again, however, I stopped it as I've read and been told that too much DHEA can also be bad for the body.

People should definitely get tested for their DHEA levels. I also highly recommend MRIs of the brain paying close attention to the hypothalamus and pituitary areas. Those are often overlooked.

Warmly,
    LB32 (Leeza)
  3. Slayadragon

Slayadragon New Member

Good for Etienne-Emile. (I love that name!) He sounds like he got everything right. Hard to believe this was covered so well in any news coverage.
  4. Gretchen12

Gretchen12 New Member

I couldn't find Pure Encapsulation on the web. After some
    bit of looking the best product seemed to be offered by
    Life Extension. Do you know anything about them? I intend to call them in the AM to find out more. Said their DHEA was pure, micronized, etc. etc.

BTW, I think I fell in love with Etienne-Emile. French
    men seem to have a certain way about them--such an appreciation of what really matters in life. Health, love, friendship, and the time to enjoy life always seem more important to Europeans.

Let me know who produces the best product and how to find them.

This nightowl must make herself go to sleep. This has been
    such a bad day and I am just now feeling like I have a smidgen of energy and now I have to make myself go to bed.
    Why is it that even on the worst days I always seem to have just a little energy at night? I am so trying to break this cycle.

Gretchen
  5. Slayadragon

Slayadragon New Member

I think Life Extension is a fine brand and that you will do as well with it as any other.

Many people (especially those inclined toward even mild mood swings) produce much more cortisol at night than in the morning. Some people (including a bioidentical hormone MD I used to use) say that taking a product called Seriphos at about 4 p.m. reduces the amount of evening cortisol and thus increases the amount released in the morning. I used that a while, but to modest success.

I've had more success re-setting my bioclock using melatonin. I take it right before bed. (Most of it comes in 3 mg tablets or capsules, although some people say that dosage is kind of high.) Within a couple of days, my clock is totally reset and I have much more morning energy.
  6. cherylsue

cherylsue Member

I found a good website for some DHEA and St. John's Wort. Look under specialgifts. com.

CherylSue