** List of Doctors

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by simple, Feb 25, 2003.

1. simple

simple New Member

Hi all!
    It would be of great help if anyone can tell me names and contact information for doctors that specialize in CFS or have experience with it. My insuarnce provider does not offer searching for doctors in the database for such things. I'm hoping few of the names you post will be listed under my insurance.

I've been to several primary care physicians and they don't have a clue. I've decided to partner up with a doctor who has experience.

I live in New York City so any doctors in the vicinity of here will be great. Thank you!
  2. pamela

pamela New Member

Please answer this reply i'm giving to you...I might can help..I work in a insurance referral office and if you give me the web site address and the name of your insurance maybe I can find you some doc's on your plan. I'll do my best..(((Hugs))) Pamela
  3. TerriM

TerriM New Member

I live in Maryland and was searching for CFS doctors also. Susanne e-mailed me a telephone number for her doctor. I thought she said in New Jersey, but the phone number looks like New York . . . you can call and see if they accept your insurance -- 212-472-4816. Hope this helps! Terri
  4. kellbear

kellbear New Member

I havent found a doctor yet either and I have Aetna insurance in Cincinnati Ohio. I found one PCP that looks promising but would like to interview others.
  5. simple

simple New Member

Pamela,
    Thank you for your kind gesture. My insurance is Aetna HMO. The following web address will allow you search for doctors in the insurance plan:
    http://www.aetna.com/docfind/DocFind?this_page=enter_welcome.jsp&site_id=docfind&langpref=en

Thank you and I'll check back for your response!

6. simple

simple New Member

I'll give that number a try tomorrow. thanks!
  7. simple

simple New Member