List of tests done at FFC's ?? My PCP willing to try ?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by fmfriend, Sep 12, 2006.

1. fmfriend

fmfriend Member

Hi Evryone,
    I am in the same financial situation alot of us are.Im on disability due to these illnesses. I however whould like to be able to benefit from the wisdom gleened by the FCC centers but without having to incure that cost which there is no way I can afford. I told my PCP about this the other day and he said if I brought him the information about what they tested for he might help me out by doing the tests in his office or somewhere that my insurance will pay for. And mabey collaberating if they are willing.

Im closest to the Atlanta Center.
    I am going to print out all that wonderful research info that has been put all togather here (Thank you SO much).

Can anyone tell me what research info you have brought to the Dr that has helped his understnding. I dont want to overwelm him but I want him to have a good understanding. I really give him credit for being willing to try.He admited he doesnt know much about FMS and CFIDS but he cares enough to try. At least he said he would. He knows I want to get better and not just treat symptoms.

Mabey this could be something that could help many.
    If it where all put togather with reaserch, testing and treatment.
    Im sure there are other caring Drs out there that just dont know where to start but mabey if we dont help them
    learn to treat us no one will. Wisdom is power.Right.

They need a starting point. A jumping off board into the depth of this. All the journals they get are not very helpful when it comes to us. Its either in our heads or we just need to exercise. And beleive me thats what they hear in med school Well we know that isnt it. They are just as confused about what to do with us.

Im sorrry I didnt mean for this to get to be so long . I just started thinking about everyone else here and thinking if we could all beefit from this it would be great.Mabey WE can make a differance in how Drs are treating us.
    I have a dream of us all geting togather BETTER someday. Wouldn't that be great.:)

Well so.. Info please?

Blessings ~ Sally
    And if they start to see success treating patients in the PCP or Rheumetology then they would get it and it would be a win win for all.
  2. fmfriend

fmfriend Member

3. Shannonsparkles

Shannonsparkles New Member

I went to the FFC, and they were not able to help me. The benefit of it all was that I had these tests run. I think you're being smart to have these done in an affordable way with your PCP. Here is what they test for:

ALL PATIENTS INNITIAL
    A/G ratio
    ACH
    ACTH
    aldosterone
    angiotensin II
    AST/SGG-1
    B 12
    cardio CRP
    CBC
    CMP
    cortisol F & T
    DHEA-S
    FSR
    ferritin
    fibrogen
    folato RBC
    heavy hetals panel
    hemoglobin A1c
    IGF-1
    IgC subclass
    insulin
    iron study/TIBC
    lipid panel
    lipoprotein
    NK cell activity
    pregnenolone
    reverse T3
    RNASL-L act
    SHBG
    T3 free
    T4 free
    testosterone F & T
    thrombotic marker panel
    thyroblobulin
    thyroid peroxidase AB
    TNF
    total IGG/IGA/IGM
    TSH
    vitamin D panel

FEMALE IF >40 OR SIGNS OF LOW ESTROGEN
    estradiol
    FSH
    I H
    progesterone

FEMALE - IF MENOPAUSAL CONSIDER
    N-tolopeptide serum

MALE - CONSIDER
    dihydrotestosterone
    PSA free & total

MALE/FEMALE CONSIDER
    anti-T3 AB
    anti-T4 AB
    anti-TSH AB
    IGFBP-3
    interpheron, alpha
    lipid peroxidase
    magnesium RBC
    somatostatin
    TBG
    TSH
    TSH receptor AB

INFECTIOUS PANEL
    babesia
    candida IgG/IgM/IgA
    chlamydia pneuom
    CMV IgG
    CMV IgM
    FBV early antigen
    EBV panel
    ehrlichia chaffoensis ABS
    HHVS
    lyme disease IgG/IgM
    lyme disease WB
    mycoplasma IgG
    mycoplasma IgM
    nasal swab for coag neg staph

CONSIDER FOR INFECTIOUS PANEL
    coxsackie type A
    coxsackie type B
    parvovirus AB B19 IgG/IgM
  4. JolieLuLu

JolieLuLu New Member

The FFC centers have different lab value parameters than what is accepted universally by physician to treat for a disease process.

So what is considered "normal" is typically abnormal at FFC.

Good luck to you,
    jolie