LIST OF THE BEST DOCTOR/DOCTORS IN YOUR CITYFOR CFIDS/FIBRO

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by tanu, Jun 5, 2006.

1. tanu

tanu New Member

As patients are by far the best judge of good doctors,i thought this would be a great place to look up doctors you have been happy to find in your city.This would be useful if you are new, lost,or have simply given up.
    You could use the foll guidelines-
    1.Name of the doctor,Speciality
    2.City,State,Country
    3..Contact details if allowed
    4.Whether treating CFS,Fibro or both
    5.How long have you been seeing this doctor
    6.Are you feeling any better with the treatment.
    7.What do you specifically like about him or her.(Has indepth knowledge,shows sympathy,treats you well,understands you well,treatment has worked etc)

2. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

I don't know if we can do a whole list like this or not.Let me know.Linda
  3. julieisfree05

julieisfree05 New Member

Stuart Silverman
    8641 Wilshire Blvd
    Beverly Hills, CA

(310) 358-2234

Dr. Silverman has treated FM/CFS for more than 25 years. He is the Head of Women's Health at Cedars-Sinai in Beverely Hills, the Head of Rheumatology at the VA Hospital in LA, a Professor of Rheumatology at UCLA, and one of the top FM researchers in the world. He also developed the FM Rehabilitation Program at Cedars-Sinai. His also on the Medical Advisory Board of the National Fibromyalgia Association and is very good at working with worker's comp and disability issues.

I see a neurologist too, and working together they have put my FM/CFS into "remission".

I've been seeing Dr. Silverman for about 13 years.

Dr. Silverman knows this illness better than any doctor I've ever met - and I've met many of the top researchers in the country at FM/CFS conferences. He is sympathic (but not "touchy feely"), and he is passionate about letting the world KNOW that these are true physiological illnesses.

- julie (is free!)

I'm just one of many
    can't get no respect
    Politically
    Uncorrect.. - Gretchen Wilson
  4. tanu

tanu New Member

This would be the most useful list for all.People seem to be asking this all the time,it is good to have one list.
    In the future if one is not sure whether a question is appropriate to be posted whom do you contact and how?
    [This Message was Edited on 06/05/2006]
  5. PeggyW

PeggyW New Member

I had one, she was the best but she moved out of state. Great loss to us all in Central FL.
  6. steach

steach Member

What a WONDERFUL idea for a reference!!!

I have two to share from the Ohio Valley Area (Northern Panhandle of OH, WV, and PA).

Dr. Thomas Romano, Rheumatology- Martins Ferry, OH
    Specializing in CFS/FM; has written books/articles for journals
    **Does NOT accept ANY private insurance- must be self-pay
    Reason: he does not believe that ins. companies should dictate to doctors how often a patient can be seen, treated, with what meds, etc.

Dr. G. P. ("Jeep") Naum, III- Martins Ferry, OH
    Family Practice
    **Alot of experience with CFS/FM: has a loved-one who is inflicted; treats many CFS/FM patients; has coordinated and hosted a seminar with Dr. Jacob Teitlebaum.

--------------------------------------------------------
    Southern OH

Dr. Blatman, Blatman Pain Clinic- Cincinnati, OH
    **Should have his book published by now
    **Highly Recomended
    I saw this doctor about 4 years ago during my initial diagnosis phase. At my apt., he said, "I'll ask you to move certain ways and I'LL tell you where you are hurting. If I am wrong, you let me know." I did what he asked- he was correct every time- I was in tears, sobbing like a child. For the first time, I didn't have to tell anyone that I was hurting or where- HE KNEW!!!!!!! HE GAVE ME VALIDATION!!!!

Hope this helps at least one person.

Steach
  7. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

I just want to follow the rules
    Most people just address the question to the moniters.Mikie would also knoe.She was a moderator for a long time.Linda[This Message was Edited on 06/05/2006]
  8. annabella39

annabella39 New Member

He is a neurologist and sees tons of fibro paitents. He even has fibro himself so he really understands. He has really helped me.

FYI - Richardson is a suburb of Dallas.

Dr. John Harney
    Dallas Neurological Associates
    375 Municiple Drive, Ste. 222
    Richardson, Texas 75080
    972-783-8900
  9. catsmeow369mi

catsmeow369mi New Member

Dr. Reuben S. Henderson
    975 S. Monroe St.
    Suite C
    Monroe, MI 48161
    734-241-0560

Dr. Henderson is a fantastic doctor. Helps me with the pain. He and another Doctor run Center for Progressive Health & Wellness. He is wonderful.
  10. amymb74

amymb74 New Member

If you go to the top of the board & hit the doctors link it will take you to a page that has a link to co-cures good doctor list - if your doctor is not on that list you can have them added. A lot of people check there so its good to keep it up to date. AMY
  11. julieisfree05

julieisfree05 New Member

I've known Dr. Blatman via the internet for about 10 years and I would highly recommend him to anyone. He's a wonderful man who truly understands these illness!

-julie (is free!)

The good book says
    it's better to give
    than to receive.
    I do my best
    to do my part.. - Rush
  12. clyon

clyon New Member

anyone know (maybe tanu)how people felt re fibro after a tummy tuck and breast implants?
  13. namow

namow New Member

I unfortunately moved from FL so I can't see him anymore but he is a very caring doctor, he even prays with the patients (christian dr), very nice person and don't give up on you.

Scott VanLue
    940 Centre Circle, Suite 1010
    Altamonte Springs, Florida 32714

(407) 862-5637

You can read about him in his web site at vitishealthcare dot come
  14. Mesha

Mesha New Member

I would love to learn more about your doc in Richardson.
    I have read about him and would like to hear more about him from someone who has used him. In search of a good doc in the area.
    How can we communicate?
  15. pamj

pamj New Member

The good doc list at the top of this page is the best place to keep all the info. If you would like to add someone to the list, you can look into it there.

I found my doc in California, and the one is Mass on that list, and they're both awesome!

Thanks for wanting to share the good info!

take care,
    Pam
  16. iggyangel

iggyangel New Member

I think it should be updated.
    I had a very negative experience w/Oasis two yrs ago. She bluntly said that she does not specialize in Fm/CFS treatment and she despised treating me. never listened to me and would shrug her shoulders and say I dont know what I can do for you... you need to exercise and snap out of it!!!
    I think this posting is a g reat idea!
    thanksTanu!!!!
    Blessings,
    Iggy
  17. IndianPrincess

IndianPrincess New Member

The two doctors recommended are back where I grew up (I'm from Toronto, Ohio - 30 miles north of Martins Ferry.)

Steach, are you a Valley Girl too?

My recommendation is Mark Pellegrino in North Canton, Ohio and a contributor to this site! He knows quite well 'cause he has fibro!

Cindy