list one good thing that happen today

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sixtyslady, Jul 15, 2006.

1. sixtyslady

sixtyslady Member

if we could just think about one good thing that happens every day.

we'd have somethind besides this d.d..
    so check out my picture on my profile. shes my new yorkie and her name is Tilly. short for Matilda.
    lets list a good thing, for this day and see how many we get.
    Hugs sixtyslady
  2. tonakay

tonakay New Member

One good thing that has happened today is that I FINALLY got my gallon jar of pickled eggs and beets made... YUM !!

Hugz,
    Tona

Now if the rain would quit long enough for me to pick my green beans I'd be happier...
  3. ckball

ckball New Member

I woke up and felt half way human- I'm off to walmart to scripts and groceries.

Just the fact I am able to do that without dread is good to me.

Your yorkie is so cute. I love my dogs but one is 25 lbs and the other 36, I would really like to have a small lap dog like that.

Even tho my Missy, lab mix 36lb, thinks she is a lap dog,lol. Carla
  4. Malen

Malen New Member

Since I don't take prescript meds, and I felt very strong this morning when I woke up, I went and donated blood at the local blood drive.

I'm grateful that I'm feeling myself getting the upper hand on my CFS more and more everyday and wanted to be able to share that healing in the best way possible.
  5. kholmes

kholmes New Member

I like your positive attitude, Sixtyslady. And great photo of Tilly.

I slept very well last night--not a frequent occurrence-- and woke up refreshed and optimistic today.

Kholmes

6. barbinindiana

barbinindiana New Member

Woke up this morning to find all my feathered babies talking, singing and whistling. One tells me good morning everyday. Also night night good night before I go to the bedroom at night. My fur babies so happy to see me you'd think they hadn't seen me for a year instead of a few short hours. And the hummingbirds are still visiting my feeders. Can't tell I'm a animal lover huh?!? One thing about FM/CFS, you sure do learn to apperciate the little things. I'm blessed!
    Barb
    [This Message was Edited on 07/15/2006]
  7. fabricaholic

fabricaholic New Member

in and amongst all the trials and tribulations my family seems to be going through at the moment I managed to cry at the sink and make 12 pints of peach butter!

8. wordbyrd

wordbyrd New Member

It's hot in Northern Colorado today - will hit at least 101 - yikes!

I managed to get out before 8 a.m. to run a couple of errands. That was a very good thing. Now I can stay in and keep cool. Looking forward to a much-needed early afternoon nap, as I've been up since before 6 a.m.
  9. wildflowers2

wildflowers2 New Member

I brought my 84 year old mother in law down to stay fri & sat. I took her shopping on friday and she ran me ragged!

Which was the best sleeping pill ever invented.

I cooked ,she did the dishes, than kept her don company while I had to give him his IV antibiotics for his infected shoulder with e-coli.

We live in the country and so she goes out with her 4 legged grand son our golden retreiver.

I have a flower garden just for her and its fun to watch her pick her flowers to take home to her appt.

She did tell me ice cream has ALL the major foods groups for those of us dieting!

She has that every day for lunch. I told her she should
    get a job at Ben & Jerry's in the quality control dept.

Then we took her home and we had lunch at her house.

My mother in law is a dear and I love all the time I can spend with her.

So, the plus to this dd is I can do that.

wildflowers
  10. carebelle

carebelle New Member

That is the sweetest thing I have ever seen.How lucky you are .
  11. mrpain

mrpain New Member

I got to speak with you today!
  12. mrpain

mrpain New Member

What in the world is in your tears that makes peach butter?
    [This Message was Edited on 07/15/2006]
  13. BEARANDBUGSMOM

BEARANDBUGSMOM New Member

I got kisses and hugs from my 2 year old daughter and 3 year old son!
  14. victoria

victoria New Member

you have me wondering too, fabricaholic... speaking of which, I used to be one myself!

One good thing today... I was able to yell at my dog outside to be quiet every time he barked (he doesn't like staying outside too long for some reason, altho he used to spend whole nights outside) and then immediately fall back asleep until the next time he barked, about every 1/2 hour...

we're trying to train him, lol. Usually I just don't sleep after the first time he does that... the only time he barks to come in is the early morning, sigh! - so we haven't been too consistent in training him, our fault.

Victoria
  15. KMD90603

KMD90603 New Member

One good thing so far today has been running around the house with my son playing Transformers. Also, right now him and my hubby are playing, and JJ (my 5-year old) is laughing hysterically. The sound of him laughing and having fun is just absolutely priceless.

Hugs,
    Kim
  16. doxygirl

doxygirl New Member

thought I was going to have to spend the day in bed"!

BUT...........after I laid there for an hour or so I was able to get up, shower and get dressed..........NOW I feel better so Iam thankful that Iam up!

It is a VERY good thing that happened to me today!

BTW this is a fun post.......thanks for putting it up!

XO
    Doxy
  17. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

are having a pretty good yard sale. They're so excited whenever a car pulls into the drive, they want to yell and jump up and down! Not exactly the coolest salesmen....but they're having fun. Terri
  18. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

I had a nice nap and woke up feeling okay.

God bless,
    Anne Theresa
  19. sixtyslady

sixtyslady Member

gosh guys that is great that we all can find something in our days to bring us joy.
    I noticed that alot of our joy came from our love ones and our animals, God certainly knew what he was doing when he created animals for mankind.
    also the post about the mother-in-law. we can learn so
    much from the older generation,I used to spend alot of summers with my Grandmother, she was the strongest influence in my life.I have her rocker chair I sit in it and put my hands on the arm rest ,where she used to lay her hands, I"m crying.

See you all just made me have a sunshine moment,by thinking about my Grandma.

Now I"m going to make baked ravioli for supper and a pineapple salad. love and hugs sixtyslady
  20. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

usual stiffness and swelling etc...

but i am alive.

now i will be going to my pool.
    jodie