Litany Against Pain...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by deltablue, Jul 13, 2003.

1. deltablue

deltablue New Member

These words really touch my heart:

We all try to battle this beast called pain with all of our might. Every other time in our lives we could fight pain and overcome it! Any other obstacle we may have encountered can be overcome. But chronic pain is different. It is bigger than us. When we try to beat it, it comes back even stronger. I have had to look at pain with the knowledge that when I try to do too much it will come back and really throw me for a loop. I constantly try to learn my boundaries: what pain will let me do without too much interference and what I cannot do because of a high level of increased pain. It was a hard lesson to learn and I still test my limits. I have been dealing with chronic pain since April of 1996. You would think I would have learned by now, but I am a fighter and sometimes I just cannot give in to the pain. (Turtl July '03)

2. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Hi Deltablue, welcome to the board.
    Your poem is very true, but we do not allow this on the FM/CFS board. I am allowing it to stay because you are new to the boards.

If you like, we do have a 'Writers Board', 'Chit Chat Board (not to be confused with the Live Chat)', and a 'Worship Board' which you can also put poems stories, jokes etc. on.

If you don't mine, please read our rules at the top left of this board; 'Messageboard Rules', it will help you a great deal with navigating the boards at this site, and the rules for what is acceptable and not.

You can find the other boards mentioned by going to the 'Message Boards' link, it will give you an index that is available to all of us.

Again, welcome to the board, and hope we hear from you often.

Shalom, Shirl
  3. deltablue

deltablue New Member

I am so SORRY. My mistake. Delete it now if you want, okay?
  4. Shirl

Shirl New Member

You are new, and everyone is allowed to make a mistake :) I make plenty of them all the time!

I was not fussing at you, just wanted to let you know that we do have a lot of other places you can enjoy with poems and other writings too, in fact the Chit Chat Board is a riot, they are the most fun people around here, and the jokes they put up there some sometimes are just so funny, it a break from all the sickness.

The Web Masters make the rules, we moderators have the nasty job of inforcing them! But like everything else, there are exceptions.

I hope you post often, and do not take this the wrong way. I just wanted you to read the rules, as they are important to everyone here, including you and I...........

Take care, and I do hope we hear from you often.........

Shalom, Shirl