Litterbox problems??? Possible solution

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by 4everkid, Sep 26, 2008.

1. 4everkid

4everkid New Member

I have seen the subject of kitties with improper litterbox habits come up here before. I am having that problem myself right now with Frankie the 5 month kitten.

I came across a discussion on another forum, where a poster mentioned a product called Cat Attract ("Dr. Elsey's Cat Attract Cat Litter.") Cat Attract is a special scoopable, clumping, dust-free litter designed by a Vet who specializes in felines. It has some kind of herbal content that actually makes them WANT to go there.

I checked it out on the Petsmart website and the reviews are VERY positive. Lots of people with problem cats that are amazed at how well this worked. Read for yourself:

The stuff is costly, but most people remarked that it was worth every penny, considering the carpets, bedding and mattresses that had been destroyed. It cost $12.99 for a 20 lb bag. Some people like to mix it with regular litter to make it go farther.

Or, they also carry a container of stuff you can mix with your regular litter, called "Dr. Elsey's Precious Cat Ultra Litter Attractant." The 20 oz bottle is $13.99, and enough to treat 100 lbs of litter.

I plan to try this stuff. I thought I would pass the info on for anyone else with a problem kitty.

Has anyone here ever tried it?
  2. TwoCatDoctors

TwoCatDoctors New Member

Just a suggestion, but have you had your cat checked by the vet to make sure there are no urinary problems? If you get a clean bill of health, then you look at home.

Most authorities figure 2 litter boxes per cat. Some cats like boxes with the hoods on them and others don't. Some like pine litter, some like unscented litter and it goes on and on.

My one cat does not use a litter box and uses the dog training pads. Her brother uses the litter boxes. She would cry and urinate on the towels in front of the washer, so when the vet cleared her of urinary problems, I knew it was an at-home problem. I could not put litter boxes where her brother couldn't reach them. I took the dog training pad and lightly touched it to the soiled towel. Presto, she used the training pad and I praised her and told her she was so good and got it up and put a fresh one down (I keep 2 pads down at a time. When I get up in the morning or am out at appointments and return, I remove soiled pads and replace them with clean ones.
  3. Marta608

Marta608 Member

I haven't tried it. I came on the thread to say some of the things TwoCatDoctors already said. I especially wonder about the number of cats you have. If this kitten is the only one, it's probably not a cleaning issue but I've known cats to be esTREEEEEMly fussy about the cleanliness of their litter box. If you don't already, you may have to scoop it several times a day - or put down another box.

I have just the opposite problem. I have two cats and three litter boxes but they both use the same, most convenient one in my guest bathroom! Talk about scooping often......

Good luck!