Little Joke Re: Togetherness

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by rockgor, Sep 25, 2007.

1. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Here's a joke Gordon sent me:

Celibacy can be a choice in life or a condition imposed by circumstances.

While attending a Marriage Encounter Weekend, Walter and his wife, Ann, listened to the instructor who stated, "It is essential that husbands and wives know the things that are important to each other."

Then, addressing the men, the instructor said, "Can you name and describe your wife's favorite flower?"

Walter leaned over, gently touched Ann's arm and whispered, "Purina's Gold Medal All Purpose, isn't it?"

And thus began Walter's life of celibacy.

2. Khalyal

Khalyal New Member

I think I cracked a rib on that one! lol, thanks, Rockgor!
  3. therealmadscientist

therealmadscientist New Member

What about your Poor Husband? Cheers, mr bill
    [This Message was Edited on 09/25/2007]
  4. Doober

Doober New Member

Let's be easy on Walter now.

I mean he is not totally wrong, right. Sometimes us men need a little more details in questions posed to us. and besides he asked her in such a loving

You know, I wonder at what point he got the dope slap??????
  5. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

I think you mean Pillsbury's......otherwise we're talking dog food.
  6. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

though it took me awhile to figure out what Purina's Gold Medal All Purpose was - only recognise Purina animal food - told you I'm slow on the uptake.

7. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

a two-pronged joke.

The humor derives from Walter's confusion over favorite flower vs flour.

The second and more subtle prong is that he has also mixed up the flour end of it.

Purina makes dog food.

General Mills makes Gold Medal (as well as Betty Crocker).

But today, of course, nobody knows who makes what. For example Nestle owns Purina and some cars have parts made in 2 or 3 countries.

And sometimes companies own their competitors. Pepsi, for example, owns KF Chicken and Pizza Hut and A&W, etc.

There will be a quiz on Friday.

8. victoria

victoria New Member

After 30 years of marriage, I doubt my DH could answer that question either way, hehehehe!

He can barely remember my b'day, not even the kids! And forget about our anniversary. Good thing that those things are not what matters to me in the overall scheme of things, tho. Especially once I realized he couldn't even remember his own parents' b'days either.
    Never could.

9. Marta608

Marta608 Member

Good one, Rock!!!

10. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Great post, but I'm shocked....I thought surely after 22 happy years of marriage that my husband would know my favorite flower.

Yet it is 5:00 in the morning and he's having memory problems (including people's names at work)....uh oh

Looks like we need to have a talk, knew he wasn't feeling well lately again.

He's close though, he remembered they were planted in my Mom's back yard, lilacs.

Nancy B
  11. kellyann

kellyann New Member

That was a good one! I love it! Hehehe!

Laughing my booty off!