Little Odd, Weird Symptoms We Dont Like To Mention-part 3!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by severina, May 7, 2005.

1. severina

severina New Member

Just thought Id ressurect my original idea after reading a topic about weird tingling - I know lots of us dont like to mention little "odd" symptoms but I bet if you post it here, you will find others have exactly the same thing, and perhaps offer some advice on it!
  2. lease79

lease79 New Member

White lights when I turn my eyes to quickly
    Black spots in my vision
    Blurring when I turn my eyes to quick
    Paraesthesias? sp? all over my body (sensation of crawling insects on the skin.)
    Words or songs getting stuck in my head & playing over & over again....
    Burning sensations like a bug has biten me, this will happen in one spot on my body, & then another, & then another.
    No doubt I have more... I'll have to have a think about it...

Lease

3. severina

severina New Member

Ive been having this a lot recently, didnt really think it was a symptom as such, but I do find Im going over and over words and songs all the time in my head - pretty weird I suppose now I think about it!
  4. Dorothee

Dorothee New Member

This bug biting symptom I have for about 2 months now!
    Never thought of it as a symptom of... Pfew, makes you wonder don't it?

Greetings all!
    Dorothee
  5. rmc20021

rmc20021 New Member

after gardening today and getting right into the dirt with my hands, my fingers became all swollen. This happens every single time I get my hands into dirt and has for a very long time. NOw that you mentioned odd symptoms, I was just wondering if anyone else has this? It probably isn't related to fibro, but I sure can't imagine why my fingers swell from dirt. Am I allergic to it? LOL.
  6. joyegail

joyegail New Member

Lease, i have every one of those, plus others, but i can't think of them at the moment, LOL, having a really foggy day. My daughters and five grandchildren, plus my sister and her husband and one of my husband's brothers all came to visit today and i barbecued for all of them, so i'm exhausted.

Deb
  7. texasratgirl

texasratgirl New Member

Oh do I get these too.

At the allergist Wed., the doc was sitting there talking to me and he kept moving (only in my vision), then I would see 3 of him, then those da** little black spots that float and

if that weren't enough, the white ones too. I had never had these at the same time. I can only imagine that is what it is like to be on some weird acid trip.

And then those darn "BUGS". Seems to most times get me at night. But the other day, I could have sworn that something stung me, (now I have never been stung by a bee or anything

like that only red ants) but boy did that thing have me up in the air so fast you could have called mt AIR-TEXAS.
    And of course there was no bite to be seen.

I hate all these weird symtoms. They really a times make you feel like you have truly lost your mind.

It's nice to be able to come here and talk about these things, you read on the literature about the different weird symptoms and think, sure others think there are bugs crawling on them too who are they trying to fool.

But them you read here what others feel, and their symptoms
    and you relate and don't feel alone.

TRG

8. CFIDSNicole

CFIDSNicole New Member

I too have the white spots--seems to happen more often at night (maybe it's just more noticeable then?), and the little black spots. I also have lots, and lots of floaters.

I too, get the stinging sensation like a bug has bitten you and then find no bugs.

Do I have any to add? Let me think . . .

Ohh--this is happening to me today, but doesn't happen too often, mostly when I have really been dumb and overdone it. I'll get this weird electrical zapping feeling in my body--kind of on my skin, but more like it's under my skin, and it gets kind of tingly and numb--like a zap. Mostly I get this in my face, head, and hands. It is usually accompanied by dizziness, weakness, and a little shaking.

I HATE it.

If I think of more, I"ll be back.
    Nicole
  9. tcpolchies

tcpolchies New Member

I get all them odd symptoms too. The shocks in my body, face and sense of light headedness durring a bad spell. I recently noticed some red colored vision. Not while Im looking staight ahead but on the outside of my view. For example, while turning my eyes (not neck or head) to the right. Strange.

T~
  10. hurtnomore

hurtnomore New Member

I used to have those songs going over and over in my head even if I woke up at night. After I started taking meds for this DD I don't do it so much. My Rhuemy told me it was because with Fibro. it is hard for your mind to shut down, it just wants to keep going all of the time and that is one reason we get so tired. Sounds reasonable to me.

I also have trouble with my eyes, floaters and lights. Does anyone else have a spot of grey on your eye? They have told me it is a scar but it doesn't seem to have come from the outside. I wonder if that is another joyful thing from this DD. I can't see about 2 letters of a word if I close my right eye and look out of my left. Just wondering.

Sharon[This Message was Edited on 05/08/2005]
  11. nathansmom

nathansmom New Member

Hey, I know what ya'll are talking about!

I get the blurred vision and the black spots.

I also get the songs playing over and over in my head.

Weird that that is one of the most common symptoms.

I also hate the tics I get where my lip or eye or finger starts jumping.

I also have this weird deal where I can't stop stretching which lead to my legs doing this weird vibrating thing and then leads to muscle spasms.

I have had the real bad restless leg for the past few nights.

I also get the bugs thing on occasion.

One thing I get that no one else mentioned is I break out in a rash if I sit on anything metal, my but and legs break out.

I am also allergic to pool water or water at any lake or beach no matter how clean it is.

Lucky I am not allergic to bath water or I would live alone and be single!!

nathansmom
  12. Sue50

Sue50 New Member

all of the time, Thank goodness they are Bon Jovi songs most of the time
  13. lease79

lease79 New Member

-QUOTE-
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    I also hate the tics I get where my lip or eye or finger starts jumping.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------

OOOH! I get that too! Drives me nuts!!!

And with the song or words getting trapped thing, i actually rang the mental health line begging for help when I was pregnant with my 3rd because it got so bad :(

Lease
  14. Dorothee

Dorothee New Member

(Big) grey spot on my eye, Yep, got that a lot of the time to..

Some of you (the one at the docters) are dicribing a migraine it seems...

Bon Jovi songs; thank G. not!!! (LOL)

Good luck you all!
    Dorothee
  15. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

all the time.

Electrical zaps in my head and face, not painful but horrible and leaves me shakesn and a bit weak.

Having desperately to go to toilet when I'm in certain big stores, this was discussed on another thread and seems to happen to lots of others.

Glad to hear about the bug bites because its been freaking me out, thinking my house is lousy and I know its not. Sharp, sore bites and no bite to be seen.

Floaters in me eyes, not focussing properly.

Cant think of anymore but sure there are.

Rosie
  16. skyeone

skyeone New Member

I don't want anyone to take this the worng way, but thank God I'm not alone. I was starting to think that I needed to be admitted to a mental institute. I have everyone of those and then some.

Not only do I get the buzzing, shocking, bug biting(etc.) sensations, but when it comes to my eyes, that's a whole other ball of wax altogether. Not only do I see the white and black spots, but I aslo get vvarying colors at the edges. Sometimes it's such a bright light, it's almost blinding. Granted that only happens when I'm trying to sleep, but it doesnt' matter if my eyes are open or closed with that light. Very wierd.

Hugs,
    skye
  17. severina

severina New Member

.all of you for your contributions! It really made me feel like Im not so "weird" after all as I can associate with most of what all of you have mentioned. At least we can laugh about some of it and I hope you will all keep posting as I think it helps us.
  18. Meekah

Meekah New Member

Ok does anyone know what gasoline looks like if a little bit of it has fallen in a water puddle on the ground?? Well that's what I see through my eyes? It's like a film of that gasoline spill right on my eyeballs!! When I move my eyes around from side to side, it moves like a sort of haze. It's not very bad, but it's there, and bugs the heck out of me!!
    Meekah
  19. BethM

BethM New Member

I get the bug biting feeling too, mostly on my feet. I try to ignore it, but one of these days there really will be something biting me and I'll be in real trouble!

I itch in various places, but there's nothing there that should itch.

If a room is very quiet, I will swear I hear music playing somewhere. I've even gotten up at night to see if a radio or the television has been left on. I've never mentioned that one to anyone... lol!

There are more, I'm sure, but can't think of them now.

Thank you so much for this sanity saving thread!!

Beth.
  20. lease79

lease79 New Member

Oh Meekah! I get that too!!!

Lease