Live Chat with Ashok Gupta on July 10th

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Holly-Admin, Jul 6, 2009.

1. Holly-Admin

Holly-Admin Administrator

THIS FRIDAY, JULY 10 at 12 Noon California Time - Live Chat with Ashok Gupta, Developer of the Amygdala Retraining Program for Symptoms of ME/CFS and Related Illnesses

Join the Q&A at 12 noon PST (3 pm EST, 8 pm London time) in ProHealth’s Community Chat Room. Ask Ashok about the techniques he teaches to improve symptoms by “retraining” a hyper-reactive autonomic nervous system, results so far, and research plans.

More Information: www.prohealth.com/library/showarticle.cfm?libid=14508

[This Message was Edited on 07/07/2009]
  2. Holly-Admin

The replies were getting off-topic, so we felt that they were not adding to this specific thread, which was just meant as an announcement about the chat.

-Holly
  3. jasminetee

jasminetee Member

Thanks for the message. We need a Room Password to get into the room. A box pops up and asks for one. I noticed there are 4 people in there right now but I can't get in as I don't know the Password.

tee
    [This Message was Edited on 07/09/2009]
  4. Holly-Admin

Looks like you caught us during our run-through. :)

The room is locked for now, but we'll removed the password requirement at 11:45 PST on July 10th.

-Holly
  5. jasminetee

jasminetee Member

Thank you! and thanks so much for all you do. You guys are aware that we're all experiencing new bugs at this site these last few days, right?

tee
  6. Holly-Admin

that should be cleared up now.

-Holly
  7. jasminetee

jasminetee Member

Thank you. I really appreciate it.

tee
  8. bibbbyk

bibbbyk New Member

Live chat is a terrible way to exchange any useful information whatsoever. Everybody is talking at once and it turns into nothing but confusing gibberish. THE NOVELTY WORE OFF LONG AGO.
    It would be much more useful for the administrators to submit a screened list of questions to him that have been submitted by the members here and simply email them to him. His answers could then be posted for all to see and carefully consider. People could print the questions and answers out for future reference. "Live Chat" sounds all cool and high tech, but usually proves to be of little practical value.[This Message was Edited on 07/09/2009]
  9. suz9601

suz9601 Member

will the transcript be available sometime after the chat? Thanks
  10. Holly-Admin

The chat will be moderated, so it won't work that same way as the normal chat. Users submit questions, but they are not visible in the room if/until the speaker answers them. So it's a lot less confusing than having everyone talk at once.

Also, we always allow users to submit questions ahead of time (either through a link from our home page or in our e-Newsletters). The live chat format allows users to comment on answers, or come up with new questions that they hadn't thought of before.

We will also be providing the transcripts on our website and e-Newsletters so that users can go back and review questions/answers or read them if they weren't able to attend.

-Holly
  11. Holly-Admin

Yes, we will post the transcripts on our home page and also in our next e-Newsletter.

They'll probably be available early next week.

-Holly
  12. jasminetee

jasminetee Member

Darn, I slept through it today. Oh well. I have to say that moderated Chats with doctors have been very informative to me and I think they're an excellent way to get together and learn. You moderators do a great job and I know you do preparation for these as well as I caught you in that room yesterday getting ready for today's Chat with the doctor. :)
    [This Message was Edited on 07/10/2009]