liver cleansing herbs for CFIDS

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by cristine04, Apr 25, 2003.

1. cristine04

cristine04 New Member

anyone tried these? from what i read they are supposed to work magic. just want some opinions..i think ever so slowly i am gettingbetter, this is my next step.

thanks for the help!
  2. Shirl

Shirl New Member

I use a herbal formula called; 'Essiac' tea put out by; the Resperin Corp. It is a wonderful liver/blood cleanser.

It lowered my b/p, as well as cleaned my blood to the max. I had buggers coming out from all directions after taking it.

It contains four herbs;

Burdock Root
    Sheep Sorrel
    Sleppery Elm
    Indian Rhubarb Root

It is also considered a cure for certain types of cancer, and also a preventive for cancer.
    That is what made me try it as my whole family died of one form of cancer or the other in their fifties. I am the only one left in my immediate family, along with my three children and two grandchildren.

I have been taking Essiac off and on now for almost nine years. I take it for four months, then stop for two, then start back again.

You need to use the tea as the capsules/tablets are not as effective.

I also heard of it curing Veneral Herpes, which accourding to the medical profession there is no cure for this.

Hope this helped.

Shalom, Shirl

3. pam_d

pam_d New Member

I love hearing someone say they are getting better, albiet slowly. Most of us took years to get this sick, so it stands to reason it might be a slow recovery for us.....but even small steps indicate progress!!

I am taking milk thistle for my liver, and just added another liver detoxifying supplement. My liver enzymes always come out higher than normal when I have bloodwork done, so I am trying to heal my liver (I've had further tests like an abdominal ultrasound done---no obvious reason for enzymes being high). I believe years of food allergies & "leaky gut" are to blame; I'm on a strict diet for that now, and taking the milk thistle & liver detox----hoping to heal my liver & body at the same time, but I know it'll be a long road back....

Glad you're seeing some progress!!

Hugs,
    Pam
  4. lilwren

lilwren New Member

I used an herbal product called New Energy Liver Rejuvenator for about four months. It helped a lot! I listed the ingredients below.

Bupleurum root
    dong quai root
    tribulus terrestris fruit
    dandelion root
    atractylodes root
    peony root
    ginger root
    poria cocos root
    licorice root
    chinese mint leaf
    hyssop leaf
    chamaelirium luteum root
    cayenne fruit

love,
    Sharon L
  5. tansy

tansy New Member

Don't know how much it helps but it's safe.

Detox programmes need to be approached with care. The fasting type can wreak havoc if you have CFS, I imagine it could be dodgy for FM too.

Much better to alter your diet to assist detoxicification eg lots of veg and fruit, brown rice, millet etc.

Cheers, Tansy