Liver detoxing???

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by texasms, Oct 17, 2006.

1. texasms

texasms New Member

Has anyone tried liver detoxing?
  2. PatPalmer

PatPalmer New Member

I have basically cut out wheat and dairy products (these can clog the liver), drink Green Tea, take Spirulina and Flaxseed oil with food - all great products for the liver and the whole body. I haven`t felt so good in over 20 years...
  3. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

I did an intensive liver detox a few years ago with the aid of a chiropractor and his nutritional supplements. At the time, one glass of wine would make me sick for an entire day. I believe my liver was clogged with several things, including chemical solvents from a job I had over 30 years ago. Anyways, it was rather rough, I did it for a month and was very sick and tired the entire month, but it was so well worth it. My liver has been much better ever since. I also take milk thistle which helps repair and protect the liver. Also, lemon juice is excellent for helping to cleanse the liver.

Liver detoxes can be rough, depending on the level of toxicity, so it may be best to do one with someone knowledgable like a naturopath or knowledgable chiropractor. Or at least do some reading first. I've read the important thing is to go slow if you do one for your body may get overwhelmed with toxins being released. I think the amino acid l-methionine can help with getting toxins out of the body, but I did not discover this until a few months ago. I think it would have helped make the liver detox easier a few years ago.

(I can drink wine now by the way with no ill effect, in moderation of course)

Mary
  4. texasms

texasms New Member

Pat,

Tell me more about spirulina.
  5. Britt2

Britt2 New Member

I have gone to see a Nat. Dr. and he is very well known for detoxing the liver along with clearing up CFS things like IBS etc.... He has a book "Eating Alive" that I just bought and I go to see him tomorrow to get fully started on things. So far I've had one visit and some testing done. It sure sounds like everyone who has tried this 'wheat-free, sugar-free' detox has had nothing but great results!

I'll let ya know how it goes.....

Good luck
    Try the book
    Erika
  6. PatPalmer

PatPalmer New Member

That has amazing properties - It provides vital nutrients, is rich in antioxidants, boosts energy, is a rare food source of the essential fatty acid GLA, and high in B-12, easy-to-absorb iron and has a cleansing action on the whole system as well.

Tap spirulina into a search engine and read all about it...

Wishing you better health
  7. jana15

jana15 New Member

I did a liver detox a couple of years ago and had excellent results. The name of the Dr who wrote the book is Dr Sandra Cabot. I have since had treatment with a natropath who worked with her. Both are excellent. I believe she has a website and her book is well known in Australia. Her name is Dr Sandra Cabot and her book is 'The Liver Clensing Diet'

Good luck

Cheers Jana
  8. woofmom

woofmom New Member

Idrink naked juice brand green machine.