Liver enzyme elevation

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by GBHope, Jun 29, 2006.

1. GBHope

GBHope New Member

Anyone have their liver enzymes be elevated?

GBHope
  2. wingnut111111

wingnut111111 New Member

3. Jo29

Jo29 New Member

what do you want to know. I don't know if I can help, but will if I can.

Jodi
  4. iggyangel

iggyangel New Member

They have been for over a year or two.
    How can they be brought down?
    I cut down drastically on tylenol products.
    what will help?
    Thanks,
    Iggy
  5. Jo29

Jo29 New Member

I didn't know that FM or CFS could cause the liver enzymes to go up.

I am learning something here.

Why do they go up with FM and CFS?

I have Lupus and I also take Lipitor. Of course I take Ultracet. I am not sure which of these is making mine go up. I don't think the doctor is sure either. She just checks them every 3 months.

Jodi
  6. Jo29

Jo29 New Member

Why oh why can't my doctor tell me these things. I learn so much on this board.

Jodi
  7. GBHope

GBHope New Member

effect on the liver it seems. The one that I would probably say is the culprit for me would be Diflucan. Have been taking it for years and it just probably caught up with me. So I'm trying to back off of it. I take Betafood from Standard Process to help the liver, it has beet in it.

GBHope
  8. GBHope

GBHope New Member

because I know I'm in a flare. My doctor does not believe in the validity of EBV causing flares and I'm in one right now. When I was in a bad flare in November to February my EBV titers went up and so did my sed rate, and all those kinds of markers. My son was just recently hospitalized where his EBV IgM went up and he had an enlarged liver, spleen, and high fevers with swollen glands. My liver is not enlarged though and only my ALT was slightly, slightly elevated by less than 30 points. My doctor says EBV has nothing to do with my CFS. If it has nothing to do with it, how come my EBV always goes up when I'm flaring which is pretty darn often because I can't get anyone to understand this after 11 years.

GBHope
  9. iggyangel

iggyangel New Member

that viruses could affect your liver enzymes! Ill go do some research in this for my personal info!
    thanks,
    Iggy