liver enzymes elevated ....? Madwolf?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by j9miller, May 8, 2003.

1. j9miller

j9miller New Member

I am so confused. I had some blood drawn on Tuesday at my rhemy's office. They called just now and want to redo the test because my AST and ALT were elevated. I have always (for as long as I can remember) had elevated AST and ALT results. They are AST=52 and ALT=63. I had Hepatitis (I think A) 20 years ago. No other doctor has shown concern like my rheumy just did. I am now very worried which is sending me into major pain. My gluclose was also VERY high which it is usually elevated because of PCOS ( causes insulin resistance). I am very stressed right now ... so sick of being sick and DO NOT want anymore problems. Please advise.

Janine
  2. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Shalom, Shirl
  3. j9miller

j9miller New Member

Had another blood test ... dr wanted to run a hepatitis panel. I just hate this. :(

Janine
  4. j9miller

j9miller New Member

bump please :)
  5. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

My rheumy always gets excited about running liver test and I sometimes test high so he repeats the test and they come back normal.

Love, Mikie
  6. sunnysideliving

sunnysideliving New Member

Hello Janine,

I agree that these values are elevated but not high. However, I think, you should understand them as not everything is OK in your body. (Well, it may be ridiculous in case you are diagnosed with this DD. However, I could not see it from your profile.)

In my case elevated liver values (ALAT and ASAT) were the reason for checking virus infections and finding out EBV and mononucleosis inf. I am still not diagnosed with CFS (after 2.5 years), but at least my doctors agree that these liver values are not elevated because of "subconscious depression". (This is a silly expression!)

So, I think you should try to get other tests to see a bit clearer picture.

Cheers,
    Sunny

PS: My liver values are waving sometimes a bit higher other times lower. Although, these were never normal after it came to the mind of a doc to get them checked.
  7. j9miller

j9miller New Member

Thanks for the responses. I am still worried but trying not to let it get me down. I know that whatever is going on has to be faced and dealt with so no use making myself feel worse.

Happy Mother's Day to all you special ladies out there ... being a mother to my two beautiful daughters is the biggest gift I have ever received.

Janine
  8. j9miller

j9miller New Member

Just like I thought. My hepatitis screen revealed what I knew and told the dr to begin with. I had Hep A as a teenager and that shows in the liver profile. Low and behold when the dr got the results today it showed positive for Hep A. I wish I wouldn't let some of these dr's get me so stressed out!! Thanks for the support while I waited this out.

Janine