Living In the Twilight Zone

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Tmprincess, Mar 25, 2006.

1. Tmprincess

Tmprincess New Member

Is this for real, or am i just dreaming?

I've been having some extremely strange & weird things happening to me... and, some times, i just fear i might be going crazy!!!!! I really need to know if these things are FM related or not, and get your opinions and feedback!

Where to start??....

1.) Sitting on the couch just watching tv w/ DH and all of a sudden a get a sharp pain out of no where on top of my head. It felt like someone hit me over the head with a hammer! Everything went bright white... my body felt like it was sinking. I could feel a numbness flow through my body slowly, all the way down to my toes. I felt very dizzy and light headed. My limbs felt like they weighed a ton! It felt like something was gushing through my body... as if a chemical had been released. The experience left my body feeling very heavy and dizzy for about 30 min.

2.) Fast & sound asleep, when jolted awake by what sounded like something snapping inside my head... followed again by bright whiteness ( though my eyes where still closed! ). Had intense pressure on my left ear... a deep hollowness... kinda feels like your loosing your hearing... but your not. I get this during the day when awake quit a bit also. Very scary!

3.) Aura's without migraine pain. I often see stuff that i shouldn't be seeing!!!!!! LOL* ie... heat waves, red tinsel, black or white dots, some times i think i see small animals dart across the room out of the corner of my eye, that i totally KNOW ARE NOT THERE!!

Hubby knows all about this ... and Dr. knows about SOME OF IT... but, rather afraid to tell the Dr. everything.... don't want him to think i'm a loony toon or anything!!! Please, you guys! I really need to know if this FM related or not. Have any of you had similar experiences???

TM~

[This Message was Edited on 03/26/2006]
  2. dragon06

dragon06 New Member

that involves your head to that degree I would definitly get it checked out. I don't know for sure but with the light flashes and auras I don't think that it's FM releated, but what do I know I am not a doctor.

Definitly get it checked you don't want to wait for something serious or non-reversable to happen.
  3. willruthie1965

willruthie1965 New Member

I have wierd fellings all the time not pain like your talking about but afraid for no reason or like every sound makes me feel like Im goona die.Like someone who is in a busy store and feel like my head is swimming.This illness has got too be the wierdest illness known too man.But WIth what you said maybe a begining of migrane or your nerves from this illness could be messed up.Maybe anxiety medicine would help or check too see about siezures. Ruthie
  4. willruthie1965

Just was thining maybe like a mini stroke? Good luck Ruthie
  5. Tmprincess

Tmprincess New Member

That i had done & should get results for on Monday!!!!

TM~
  6. Tmprincess

Tmprincess New Member

Oh my god!!! What makes you think that?

TM~
  7. willruthie1965

well when dealing with head or blood vessels you have to wonder, I mean visual disturbance too . I dont know Im no doctor but when your whold body starts acting that wierd you have too look at everything.Just look up stroke I did't mean to scare you.Ruthie
  8. jakeg

jakeg New Member

I would get to the doctor's right after or during one of these attacks. It almost sounds like mini strokes. It would be best to find out now rather then later when it may be to late.

I'm not saying this to scare you as I'm not a doctor but this sounds like it could be something serrious(sp) and I would not hesitate to go.

Take Care

Jake
  9. Tmprincess

Tmprincess New Member

Sounds scary... but like you all said, its best to catch these things early!!! I really appreciate all your input. I've kinda been blowing this off and just chalking it up as more FM symptoms. I see my neuro on Monday and will get MRI results, as well as some blood work results like mercury toxins, cholesterol, leaking muscles, etc.... But, what is the name of the test i will have to ask for to see if i am having mini strokes? And will it not show up unless the blood work is done within a 24 hr episode?

Thanks again everyone!

TM~
  10. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

I suspect most people have weird sensory experiences at times. I have CFS rather than FM. I often seen shadows out of the corner of my vision. I usually think it's a cat. But it's nothing.

One day, when I was still young and healthy, I was driving, and suddenly I just became disconnected from my body. I couln't move. Thought the car was going to crash. Then I thought, very calmly, oh, maybe I'm dying. After about 2 seconds everything snapped back to normal. Never happened again.

Several times I have been awakend by a loud noise. But it apparently is only in my head. Once I was playing cards and got a sharp pain in the abdomen. Went away after a couple seconds.

So I don't worry; just figure it's normal.

(Is it?)
  11. Tmprincess

Tmprincess New Member

~WakeMeUp~

That's good advise, i didn't know! ; )

I went to an eye dr. a few months back and have 20/20 vision!... the lights he shined in my eyes launched me into a three day migraine!!

"The Hammer over the Head" episode happened before my MRI... and the "Jolting Awake" episode happened after my MRI.

I guess i should start looking at this as something a little more serious than just more FM symptoms then!?!!??

TM~
  12. Tmprincess

Tmprincess New Member

~rockgor~

That's interesting you have the same visual!
    When i first started seeing the "small animal" thing out of the corner of my eye, it was small like a spider. Then it grew to be about the size of a mouse or rat. Now, like you, it's about the size of a cat.

I never really see it though... it's always just a dark shadow that darts quickly across the room.... very strange!

I also, had that same panic attack at the wheel of the car you spoke of once! Very scary experience! Do you think that has something to do with your illness?

TM~
  13. SherylD

SherylD Guest

Those things do sound weird...I would mention it to your dr..Anything with the head is nothing to blow off..

I do sometimes think something is there and I actually jump...I hate it..It scares me..

Or when I am driving at night I will see things and it will startle me...

I just mostly get really weird kinda drunk feelings...Like I am floating or spinning...feel like I could pass out..

Like I am being pulled down ..like the gravity is to strong..and my whole body weighs a ton...especially my head..

It really scares me when I am driving...

Good luck...Hope you get some answers for all of this that you have going on..

SherylD
  14. Tmprincess

Tmprincess New Member

Just back from the Dr's and running around town!!!
    MRI was negative with no signs of mini-stokes!!! Thank goodness!!!! He says it is not uncommon with the kind of migraines i have, to have aura's with no actual headache pain!

When i first went to him i was completely immobilized by 24/7 migraines. I've gotten about 65-75% relief... however, this past month was a really tough one as far as migraines go! Had five of them!!.... One of which was really bad at a level 10 that lasted 6 days and nothing touched!

I am soooo relieved about the MRI!!!!!!!!!!

TM~
    [This Message was Edited on 03/27/2006]
  15. Tmprincess

Tmprincess New Member

~SherylD~

It sounds like those feelings are probably FM related...
    but, i know what you mean! I get a lot of those feelings too! It's really scary!!!! It's hard for people to understand, that don't deal with it or haven't experienced it!

I'm not sure how you drive at night!!!???!!?? It's been a long time since i've been able to do that. I see all kinds of stuff that's not really there... and all the lights run together. I can't tell them apart.

TM~
  16. SherylD

SherylD Guest

So glad that your MRI results was good!! Glad it was not mini strokes like everyone was saying...

I wish when they did my MRI it would've been of my head too...Just to rule things out..Kinda a peace of mind thing..

Did you feel weird after you had your MRI?? I did...I was really out of it when I got up...I don't know if it was from laying on my back for all that time and it did something to my neck...

My arms were numb..and I felt like I was going to pass out..I have a hard time putting my head staight up or back...

My husband had to drive me...and I had a message on my cell and I didn't know what buttons to push to get it...And that is something I do all the time..Just really out of it..Kinda Freaky..

I don't know how you handle the migraines...I have a headache every day and that is enough for me...I sometimes feel like they could be considers a migraine...I sorta fell sick from them...

Well I am glad you got some good news...You take care of yourself!!

SherylD
  17. OptimusUndead

OptimusUndead Member

A big question is are you getting fatigued through all of this, and feeling not your normal self?..

I get those pains. With the neck pains, i get a shooting pain maybe eight inches from the base of my skull at the curve of my head.(if that makes sense?), but not like a real headache. Almost a hot/cold sensation. Its an odd headache sharp electric feeling pain.

When you see heat waves, red tinsel, black or white dots, whatever, do you also get a sensativity to the light as if its hurting your eyes or irratating to the senses? I've gotten the dark blotch things myself over the years.

Has your quality of sleep declined during all of this?? Waking up less refreshed?

Have you been in any bad car accidents or bad trauma recently that might affected you that you haven't thought of before? Or maybe years ago?
  18. Bickduggan

Bickduggan New Member

Went to eye doctor. They called them occular migraines. There were blinking llights, auras, shadows, I felt dizzy
    and nauseas. Changed my prescription. It helped Very light sensitive, need to wear sun glasses most of the time
    Can't seem to drive I can't handle the incoming traffic and the lights
  19. Tmprincess

Tmprincess New Member

YES!!!! The loud noise of the MRI machine is enough to drive any "normal person" batty... that alone someone who's hypersensitive! A true test of patients and willpower, no doubt.

It was more the vibrations that got to me i think. They really mess with my nervous system. I learned a few things from my cervical MRI though! Like take earplugs and an eyepatch. But this time i was soooo dizzy i thought i was going to have to push the panic button the last 10 minutes!! Both times it gave it me a three day migraine!

I took my time getting up. They were very accommodating there. They dimmed the lights for me, brought me an ice pack and even some cold water. I took an extra 15 min. to just sit in the lobby before leaving... and another 30 min. in the parking garage in my car with my eyes closed.

Maybe you are having migraines, if you feel sick during your headaches!?!?!... Do you feel nausea, dizzy,... and do they last for days? Have you looked up migraine symtoms and tried elminating some of those foods from your diet to see if they are effecting you?... My migraines are not food related, thank goodness.

TM~
  20. Tmprincess

Tmprincess New Member

~OptimusUndead~

I'm not sure how to answer that...
    I fight fatigue all the time! and It's been a long time since i've felt normal, i'm not sure what that is any more.

But, seriously!!! Other than the way i described it, i don't feel any different than i do any other day. Lots of fatigue (from FM), lots of pain, lots of restless nights, lots of mornings i wake feeling stiff and unrefreshed.

I've had a lot of trauma in my life, but nothing recent.... My mom has FM, and have traced FM symptoms back to as early as three or four years old.

When i see the aura's, they do not hurt my eyes. However, i am very, very, very sensitive to lights. They can launch me into a migraine quicker than anything... Like, someone else said... I too, "Wear my sunglasses at night" LOL*

TM~