living rigor mortis feeling?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by boscosmom, Jun 17, 2008.

1. boscosmom

boscosmom New Member

does anyone feel like this???
    like your muscles seize up from time to time...or thoughout the day?
    ty all, sc
  2. Bluebottle

Bluebottle New Member

That's not as far fetched as it seems,I've actually read that the only other medical condition in which the muscles are affected the same way to fibromyalgia is rigor mortis.
  3. Juloo

Juloo Member

I woke up thinking about this very question this morning -- even down to the phrase 'rigor mortis'. Of course, as I was thinking this, I had clenched hands, tensed arms, scrunched lengs, etc. So....YES, I definitely feel the same!

I was actually trying to think of some device that would keep my hands in a flat position all night!
  4. boscosmom

boscosmom New Member

for the replies.
    JULO>>>>could you tell me about your LYMES.....i really want to get the igenex test...i was neg for western blot but, really mimic lyme...and ms but, don't have that.
    i am from North louisiana but, all this started in colorado after we had some little mice...in our very old garden district denver home (they love the neighborhood). consequently, it all sprung up after the birth of our last child (3.5 yrs. ago) so all the docs thought it was lupus i had....i did have a slightly positive ANA but, neg for RA, lupus, scleroderma, etc.
    please tell me what you experience with the lymes....ty, sc
  5. TeaBisqit

TeaBisqit Member

In fact, I've been calling it a rigor mortis feeling for years. Particularly after I've gone out anywhere. I come home and everything stiffens up on me like rigor mortis. I also get muscle cramps that don't release. But the stiffness is very severe. I can't walk across the apartment when I get home from going anywhere. Everything stiffens up. I have to hold onto walls and furniture to make it across the room. This has been going on since I got sick.
  6. boscosmom

boscosmom New Member