Living with Fibro and arthritis , so confuseing

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by rosemarie, May 29, 2008.

1. rosemarie

rosemarie Member

Every day I wake up hurting and aching, I struggle to get out of bed. Walking is hard to do as my knee's ache so badly. My whole body hurts all the time. I slept in a friends camper , so I was nice and warm as she had a heater, I stayed all toasty warm at nights. And the days were hot.

I know that I have several chronic pain condtitions but how do you know when your flaring or the condtitions have gotten worse.

I spent two days and nights camping at a Mountian Man Rondevous. I knew that from where we were camped that it was to far for me to walk to where all the traders were set up. {Traders Row} So I drove there and back to ease the stress's of walking more than I normally do.

I did walk around more than my body is used to but I stopped and rested every chance I got. I came home Monday afternoon having enjoyed my self. I really was hurting but I thought that it is normal because I hurt when I Over do it.

I woked up on Tuesday so sick , by head throbbing, stuffy nose, hard to breathe, pain in all my joints and muscles. So much more than I ever have had. So how do I tell when I am flaring or I have over done it.? Today I feel some what better still have a bad headache but I don't feel even close to being back to my normal.

The week before I went camping we had rain , wind really high winds, and they bother my bones and muscles. So this week end it rained I knew that I would hurt more.
    but not like I have been feeling.

So what is a flare? I hurt when the weather changes, it makes my joints , bones and muscles all throbb. I also have the same intense pain when I flare up with fibro.
    I am so confused now what does a flare feel like? and whta is the difference between over doing it.
    I hate this feeling of intense pain , stiffness, feeling like I am swollen in my hands and fingers, muscles that hurt all the time. Please if you can help me to understand the differnce between flaring and overdoing it.
    STill stiff and sore with a bad headache. I don't understand why I am not getting better. WE have had cold windy , rainy weather.
    Confused and in pain?
    ~HUGS~
    Rosemarie
  2. Cinlou

Cinlou New Member

Hi Rosemarie....
    I am so sorry you are hurting and feeling lousey..I understand the frustration from constant pain. Happy that you did enjoy your few days on your Mountain Man Rondevous.

Well hope the pain is calming down for you soon....yes the weather can wreck havoc on our poor bodies......you take care..I do not know the difference between a flare and over doing it.....maybe one and the same???
    Cindy
    [This Message was Edited on 05/29/2008]
  3. doloresf1

doloresf1 New Member

I can tell you are feeling miserable. I have both arthritis and fibromyalgia. For me, overdoing it causes two or three days of being flat on my back, and then I feel a great deal better again. A flare goes on for a week or many times longer and I just don't recover too quickly. I often have help from my doctor to calm down a flare and get back to my baseline.

If you've been feeling this bad for any length of time, I'd suggest you see your doctor. The doctor will know if it's a flare or you've simply overdone it. Many times making a medicine change of even the smallest kind can help to calm a flare.

Also, be aware that overdoing it can certainly put you into a big flareup of both fibro and arthritis.

I hope this helps. Please let us know how you are.

Hugs,
    doloresf1
  4. rosemarie

rosemarie Member

I am starting to feel better , Thanks Cinlou and Deloresf1 for your posts , they helped me alot. I can rememeber the last time I over did it , I had to rest for a few days as each day passed I felt better and so it has been this time. I know that if I dont' feel better and back to my "NORMAL" in a day or so I will see the doctor.
    ~HUGS~
    Rosemarie
  5. willruthie1965

willruthie1965 New Member

You should be proud of yourself.I am not brave enogh to put myu body through so much stress.I miss out on so much. I get sick even trying to stay at someone elses house. I have to have my bed. Ruthie
  6. willruthie1965

You should be proud of yourself.I am not brave enogh to put myu body through so much stress.I miss out on so much. I get sick even trying to stay at someone elses house. I have to have my bed. Ruthie
  7. willruthie1965