living with fibromyalgia and lupus in mississippi anyone else?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by littlecheryl, Mar 3, 2003.

1. littlecheryl

littlecheryl New Member

I am 32 year old female with a total of 4 kids. I am unable to work anymore and wonder if there is anyone else in mississippi who suffers the things that I do. I have been diagnosed for 6 years now and have never met anyone in Mississippi with the same problems. Fibromyalgia or Lupus or both it doesn't matter to me. If you feel alone in Mississippi please contact me. Thank You
  2. Tiffanny

Tiffanny New Member

Hi there!,
    My name is Tiffanny & I also have Fibromyalgia. I live just east of Hattiesburg, Ms. & have 2 daughters ages 11 & 8. I just wanted to respond to you and tell you yes there are other in Mississippi with this horrible condition. And the worst part for me is that the doctors around here really don't belive in Fibro so they don't want to treat anyone with it! I have had Fibro for many years now & finally got a diagnosis about 2 years ago. And then I spent about a year & half looking for a doctor that would treat my pain! I have finally found one that will offer some pain relief but she is scared to use anything stronger than a Lortab 10, which is fine at times but then there are times I need something stronger and just have to deal with it. I have just learned also that I couldn't go see a pain dr. or a rhuemy with the type of insurance I have. I have Medicaid at the moment. But Thank God that my husband changed jobs to where I can have Blue Cross Blue Shield in a couple of months and I'm hoping and praying that will open up some doors for me in that area.
    Where at in Mississippi are you from? I would also like to say that I would chat with you about this if you'd like mail me at . I am always willing to try and help people who are dealing with this darn disease. And what I have found that helps besides pain meds is to have someone to talk to who doesn't think your crazy, someone who knows what you go through...I'm here if you'd like to chat.. Have A Great Day & God Bless You!!

Edited; To remove E-Address