Living with this DD

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by monica33flowers, Feb 20, 2008.

1. monica33flowers

monica33flowers New Member

I'm wondering how do all of you cope with your feelings and this body that just won't let you do things you use to?

I'm really battling these last few months with a body that will no longer allow me to do the things I use to. My biggest problem is my brain wants to do all these activities and my body won't let me. For example: Yesterday I felt great in the morning I cleaned some drawers in the bathroom and wahed all my sons bedding and cleaned up his room. By 2 p.m. I had a horrible migraine and laid down. I didn't get up until 8:30 p.m. still with the migraine. I went back to bed at 10:30 p.m. and slept the entire night until 8 a.m. I'm exhausted and I've accomplished absolutely nothing and it is almost 11:30 a.m. and I am so tired I feel like laying down and sleeping more!

I'm so frustrated today. How do you deal with this dd?
  2. frosty77

frosty77 New Member

I agree, it is very frustrating! And the guilt feelings! I work full time so weekends I basically crash and do nothing - then feel guilty and frustrated!

I wish I knew what the answer is! And on top of everything else, my brother has been calling me from FL for weeks - our mother, an alcoholic, has been getting much worse and he went to court to have her committed to a rehab. Then she wound up in a hospital. And my father-in-law, also in FL, is in the hospital having an operation. And my mother's friends are all calling me for info. And I'm having medical issues unrelated to DD which require hospital visits and tests. And I need to fly to FL (I'm in Northeast) and I have no vacation time. So, I'm stressed to the max, which makes the DD worse, which frustrates me more......

I guess dealing with disease is like AA - one day at a time!
  3. kellyann

kellyann New Member

If I have a "good" day and try to do some extra cleaning, I'll ay dearly for doing it. But if I don't do it, who will? Nobody, that's who. I know exactly how you feel!

4. Aeronsmom

Aeronsmom New Member

I so know how you feel, we had some friends come over Sunday and I had to clean up the house it was so messy from the kids...I think I cleaned for 2.5 hours vacuuming, sweeping, and washing the floors, a few hours later I had to leave my company with my husband and go lie down for a bit....but I think I felt it worse the next day.

Cyber gentle hugs to you.

love to all, Ann
  5. doloresf1

doloresf1 New Member

I see you have fibro. So do I. I've had it 12 years now, and I've never gotten used to being in chronic pain.

I think we just do the best we can. We take life one day at a time and try and remain hopeful that better treatments are just around the corner.

You are young. I'm 62 years old. You have a much brighter future than I have. You may even see a cure. There is hope.

Try and have the best quality of life possible for you. Do what makes you happy. Don't isolate yourself because you are in pain. Live as full a life as you possibly can. Laugh a lot. And, by all means, take care of your health.

Know that you are not alone. We all become discouraged now and then. This is a good support group and I'm glad you are a part of it.

Hugs, doloresf1