llmd in either chicagoland or SE wisconsin?

Discussion in 'Lyme Disease Archives' started by albany, Jul 15, 2009.

1. albany

albany New Member

My mom was just diagnosed with lyme from rash. She is just going to follow her doctors protocol of antibiotics but I remember during my research on my disease(me/ cfids) that finding a lyme disease literate doc was critical. Any recommendations, She lives in Lake Geneva WI, but works and lives 2 days a week in the western suburbs of Chicago. I remember a md named Susan B.... can't remember last name. Thanks any info would be appreciated.
  2. victoria

victoria New Member

go to
    http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi

and post in the section looking for doctors. You will get good responses there, as it's such a huge board totally devoted to lyme. That's how I found my son's LLMD.

I hope the best for your Mom, I'm glad she realized what it was so quickly.

Victoria

3. Nanie46

Nanie46 Moderator

Hi,

Sorry about your Mom.

I agree with victoria. Lymenet.org's Seeking a Doctor board is the best!

Go to lymenet.org...click on flash discussion.....sign up for free like you did here.....then post a question on the Seeking a Doctor board ....ie: "Need a LLMD near Lake Geneva, WI or Chicago, IL"

You will get a private message with names, and possibly other responses from lyme patients who live in the same area.

The Medical Questions board on lymenet is also very helpful and busy. There are alot of intelligent people there with alot of experience.

Good luck finding a good LLMD for your Mom.

You are right about finding a lyme literate MD. If she is not treated properly now, she could have years of chronic illness ahead.
  4. albany

albany New Member

Thanks everyone for your suggestions. I went to lymenet.org and it looks to be very helpful- Thanks again.
  5. LISALOO

LISALOO New Member

let me know who you see, I'm still trying to find someone understanding in that area. Having issues with yeast even with antifungals.