LLMD IN MISSOURI

Discussion in 'Lyme Disease Archives' started by mollies, Aug 18, 2008.

1. mollies

mollies New Member

BEEN DIAGNOSED WITH CFS FOR 8YRS. I HAVE MY FIRST APPT.

WITH A LLMD IN MISSOURI. DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY EXPERIENCE

WITH THIS DR.? JUST WANT TO MAKE SURE I GET TO A

GOOD DOCTOR. AS I AM SO TIRED OF NOT BEING ABLE TO

FUNCTION AS HUMAN BEING.
  2. victoria

victoria New Member

I know there are people here on this board like Munch1958 and elsewhere who have seen him, if he's the one in Springfield. Lots of good experiences in fact, he seems to be very knowledgeable.

good luck, glad you're looking into this! Please let us know how your appointment goes!

all the best,
    Victoria

3. mollies

mollies New Member

THANK YOU VICTORIA FOR YOUR REPLY. YES THE LLMD THAT I

WILL BE SEEING IS IN SPRINGFIELD. ALTHOUGH MY APPT. IS

NOT UNTIL NOVEMBER. I WILL LET YOU KNOW HOW IT GOES. GLAD

TO KNOW THAT SOMEBODY AS BEEN TO THIS DR. BEFORE, AND

HOPEFULLY HAD A GOOD EXPERIENCE.

THANK YOU AGAIN, HAVE A GREAT DAY
  4. cherylsue

cherylsue Member

Yes, I see Dr. C in Springfield. My first visit was in October.

It's a trial and error protocol with ABX. See my profile. I had CFS for 7 1/2 years before diagnosed with Lyme.

Of Dr. C's protocol, I would skip the clindimycin/quinine protocol. It's outdated and several patients get very sick with little benefit. Everything else is as you can tolerate.

BTW, I returned to work last week after a 2 year hiatus. Recovery is slow. It's a marathon, not a sprint.

Good luck.

CherylSue
  5. jarjar

jarjar New Member

People fly in from all over to see him. I worked with him for awhile but decided I was doing better on the Marshall protocol and so stopped seeing him due to distance.
  6. bobc298

bobc298 New Member

I am currently a patient of Dr. C's. I have had CFS for 13 yrs, and got a lyme's diagnosis about a year ago. He is a very helpful doctor, and I am impressed with the amount of care and attention given. His office runs very smoothly, and his staff is wonderful.
  7. munch1958

munch1958 Member

I do not consider myself as having CFS or FM anymore. All of my symptoms are gone. I very seldom log on to this board seeking answers. I think I've found them after 27 years. It is wonderful to NOT have muscle pain or fatigue.

I wish Dr C was closer to me tho. It's an exhausting 2 day trip but it's worth it. I've been seeing him since 4/07. Prior to this I had gone to the Detroit FFC so I had all of the tests that I needed up front. My DH didn't want to drive to MO after making 7 useless trips to Detriot but I'm so glad we did it.

My brother did the Clindy & Quinine protocol. He thought it kicked his Babs. It didn't make me sick but I did herx from it. I think doing the 10 days identified that I had Babs. I finally got rid of the Babs with 4 months of Malarone + Zith.

I have lots of hormone deficiencies from Borrelia and Co-Infections. Dr C knows a lot about hormones. He was the first to identify my issues with growth hormone. I can't really say if getting the right amount of thryoid or growth hormone and/or the Abx took away the muscle pain. I'm just thrilled that it's gone.
  8. victoria

victoria New Member

How did your app't go?

all the best,
    Victoria