LLMD, mention coinfection

Discussion in 'Lyme Disease Archives' started by morningsonshine, May 16, 2006.

1. morningsonshine

morningsonshine New Member

Hi,
    I went to a LLMD recently, and he never even mentioned co-infecions. My test was sent to Igenex, do they automatically check for co-infections, or do you have to ask for it?

Also nothing was said about thick blood, fibins in blood;
    that i've read needs to be treated with heripin or something.

Any insight to this? I do plan on asking on my next appointment.
  2. jarjar

jarjar New Member

My Dr. doesn't test for co-infections as the test aren't that reliable. The latest word out of the VA. conference was to treat coinfections by symptoms not based on test.
    My doc treats you like you have coinfections as they are so common.

Coinfections are very important to address to become well.

My doc does test for hypercoagulation as 90% of his lyme patinets test positive. Something to might waant to bring up to Doctor.

jay
  3. morningsonshine

Will be asking about the hypercoagulation.
  4. victoria

victoria New Member

my son's doctor did tests twice for co-infections but they were negative...

but again, the 'clinical picture' is what counts... he is trying other protocols, babesia protocol last month and bartonella this month, as his symptoms indicate these are possibilities. besides the lyme.

That is the hard part, no lab test I think is 100% perfect at picking up abnormalities.

My son's doctor feels hypercoagulation would be taken care of once the infections are taken care of... so there are differences of opinions on this...

and of course no way to know at this point what is the best way and/or what are the exceptions.

all the best,
    Victoria

5. morningsonshine

My lymes test wasn't even all that positive.

Only one ++band 41,