Local support group, procrit study

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by JaciBart, Nov 5, 2002.

1. JaciBart

JaciBart Member

I went to a local support group today, my first one and I learned that in the latest newsletter, The CFIDS Chronicle, NFAC newsletter (?) there is a big article on the front about a trial to begin soon with fibro/cf using the med procrit. It typically is rx'd for people doing chemo or anemic, adds more red blood cells I believe, it sounds like the ones who have tried it for our problems have success.

Anyone else heard of this?

Jaci
  2. JaciBart

JaciBart Member

I went to a local support group today, my first one and I learned that in the latest newsletter, The CFIDS Chronicle, NFAC newsletter (?) there is a big article on the front about a trial to begin soon with fibro/cf using the med procrit. It typically is rx'd for people doing chemo or anemic, adds more red blood cells I believe, it sounds like the ones who have tried it for our problems have success.

Anyone else heard of this?

Jaci
  3. amymb74

amymb74 New Member

just came a few days ago - put out by the CFIDS Assn. of America (they have a great website too) I've belonged to the assn. for about 8 years now. There was talk on this board about procrit & I know at least one was doing the study. Search the messages. I heard about this study on the news too - it sounds like it helps some a lot.Amy
  4. JaciBart

JaciBart Member