locating LLMD

Discussion in 'Lyme Disease Archives' started by anchor, Oct 4, 2008.

1. anchor

anchor Member

hi - i need help locating a LLMD for my 13 y/o.....all is pointing in the direction of LD, for about the last 5 yrs....how that happened i don't know.

i tried on lymenet i think, but could not figure out how to search for one or the email link.

on another site, i found an email link but they didn't write back.

i live in the greater sacramento area.

please.....thanks.

lisa
  2. anchor

anchor Member

thank you.....hadn't gone to the flash discussion page yet.

lisa
  3. mrdad

mrdad New Member

I think I mentioned that the Lymenet website may take a few
    days to return your email request. Likewise, I know there
    are Docs north of you in Chico that deal with Lyme. One of
    which treated my Daughter about 14 yrs. ago.

You should hear something from Lymenet early in the week.
    Likewise, try Lymediseaseassociation.org, a Lymesite for Calif. should be found there. (CALDA) Google: California lyme
    disease association

Huggles,
    MRDAD
    [This Message was Edited on 10/05/2008]
  4. erica741

erica741 New Member

You should also sign-up for the California Lyme group on Yahoo. http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/CaliforniaLyme/?v=1&t=search&ch=web&pub=groups&sec=group&slk=1

Posting for an LLMD on there will be especially helpful because all members are in California! Most members also opt to get all posts emailed to them, so almost everyone in the group will see your LLMD request.

I'd like to tell you about my LLMD and the others I know of in northern CA, so please send me a PM (private message) on Lymenet (same username on there).

Erica
  5. mrdad

mrdad New Member

Haven't seen you for awhile? I Left a message on another Post some time ago, inquiring as to your Anti Viral treatments and
    Lyme as well. I can't figure out HOW to get on Lymenet.org
    Forum or even find it?

Do you have any plans to attend the either Lyme Conference in
    SF this month? Are you aware that there is a Lyme Group that
    meets in SF once a month?

Hope you see this message.

Huggles,
    MRDAD

6. ticksmeoff1

ticksmeoff1 New Member

Just saw your post and wondering if you could send me the same info re: llmd. I also tried lymenet with no success. Tx, Susan
    [This Message was Edited on 10/13/2008]
  7. mrdad

mrdad New Member

Try: www. lymediseaseassociation.org/referral/ It should bring you right to a green page where you submit your
    email addy. It may take a few days to get a reply on your
    email acct.

FYI: I believe it is "against the rules" to post your personal emaill addy on this website. There are too many
    GOOD reasons for this rule as they are to protect all of
    us.

Let us know ifin' ya need further help, "K"?
    Huggles,
    MRDAD

[This Message was Edited on 10/08/2008]
    [This Message was Edited on 10/08/2008]
  8. ticksmeoff1

ticksmeoff1 New Member

Thanks for the e-mail info. . .I didn't know. I will try the site that you suggested. We have been dealing with the Lyme thing forever it seems. Both daughters (one adopted) have had Lyme for twenty years or so. One had the bull's eye rash and one didn't (she had a rash that looked more like bruises/she hispanic). We have seen doctors from New York to California through the years. One daughter doing well and one not. I had a tick bite six years ago and was too busy with the girls to take care of myself. Now I am paying the price. Are there any llmds that will take insurance first or don't require a huge cash deposit up front? Thanks, tickmeoff