LOL Had my Date

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by fibrohugslife, May 22, 2006.

1. fibrohugslife

fibrohugslife New Member

And it was an utter disaster, I was still quite nervous and he picked up on it and made fun of me about it.

I forgot a lot of things I was going to ask him, like how his day was, BUT he kept coming up with jokes so it was a little distracting.

I am quite shy with guys, and so I guess he did not like that but I say so on my dating profile so like duuuh! It's his fault he didn't look past my photo.

Anyway I was thinking to myself I am too scared to go out again but realize that hey I will go out again. I know it is difficult with this illness and try to keep a conversation going but I just had too many mental fog issues.

Oh well I am sure I will meet somebody someday maybe in this lifetime LOL.

Hugs everyone.
  2. jenni4736

jenni4736 New Member

I cracked my self up. You were talking about the picture on your dating profile....I pulled up your profile here...

AAWWWW!!! You look so cute... I like the floweres!! HAHA It's a cute puppy! But I assume it's not you...LOL

Dating is always tough. I can't imagine trying to do it now. I impathize for you. I suggest shy ones... they are the good ones not taken yet! O.k., so it worked for me...HAHAH!

Dating stinks...just trying to make you giggle. Go fun places with friends. No clubs...that never works. Just hang at places you like to be, you be most likely to find someone there....

the most important thing is just enjoy the friends...the right one will come along at the moment you are ready for him. Good luck!

jenni
  3. JLH

JLH New Member

If he didn't like you, he's the one missing out!

Did he say anything about seeing you again?

Sure you will go out on more dates ... and may find the prince instead of a frog!!! LOL

Hugs,
    Janet
  4. fibrohugslife

fibrohugslife New Member

The unfortunately thing is that I don't have any friends in real life.

I lost all of them because of this illness, and lack of not being able to go out and stuff.

So it is just me by myself. I guess I just have to get used to going out by myself?

I hate going out by myself all of the time. *Long sigh* LOL I just can't win at all.
  5. fibrohugslife

fibrohugslife New Member

He said absolutely NOTHING about a second date. I even kissed him to see if there were any sparks....NOPE! So it's okay that it didn't work out, but realizing after the fact that he was kinda mean. I guess maybe he was still upset that I took so long to respond to his emails.

I do put a disclaimer that it will be some time in me responding because I am in school.

LOL....craziness.....
  6. kimfibro

kimfibro New Member

you're adorable and have a very pretty, warm smile!

concentrate on your schooling for now. concentrate on YOU and perhaps someone will come along when you're not LOOKING!! he sounds insensitive which you're NOT looking for!

i haven't dated in 2 years and have made that choice. after a lengthy divorce i waited 2 years to start dating. ended up with a former boyfriend of years back (we had a very serious long term relationship). so it was rekindled and then, cuz of me, i had to end it.

too much pressure...or it seemed to me, anyway. i felt like i had too much on my plate emotionally and physically. so for the past 2 yrs i've been working, taking care of my 8 yr old son, dealing with fm and all of its lovely symptoms.

it's healthy to keep looking cuz you want to. once in a while during a day of errands or whatever someone will catch my eye and i'll think "hhmmmm, maybe i'm ready." haven't yet!!

you have a GREAT DAY, ya hear????????! :)
  7. Marta608

Marta608 Member

Good for you! You did it!!!! Who cares if he turned out to be a frog; there will be others who appreciate you.

Hugs,
    Marta
  8. millennia

millennia New Member

I filled out a dating profile once, put my sexiest picture and then wrote the craziest, most outrageous things. Just really stupid stuff. I got tons of mail from guys saying things like "you seem really nice", or "you seem like a beautiful and intelligent woman". I think maybe one percent read my profile! Men!!!

But I did meet the man of my dreams and I did meet him online, so it can happen. Keep looking, good guys are out there. They just tend to be a little quieter than the bad ones, so they're easy to miss.
  9. suzette1954

suzette1954 New Member

prince!! I know what you mean about having lost your friends and have noone to go out with. What about your classes at school? Just smile at someone or say hello and then one day, see if they would like to go out for coffee or drinks and then you have a friend and maybe more. I remember when I was in college, we would get together as a group of 4-5 to study together and there you have friends.

Your picture is beautiful. Have you tried looking around church? I met my husband from his cousin who lived in the appt below me. We would say hello when we would see each other. One night I got off work early and saw them going into his appt. They introduced me to Terry and that was almost 25 yrs ago. God will have someone for you when the time is right. I was almost 29 when we got married. I was never going to get married but Im sure glad I did!!

Suzette
  10. fibrohugslife

fibrohugslife New Member

Thanks for your comments. My classes are online as I cannot handle the physical campus. So online is best for me to complete school as I can do it anytime and no class meetings to worry about.

As for church, I no longer attend one anymore, long story short, I had to cut them lose as they were not nice about me being ill and telling me I was going to to hell because I was not able to attend the services and all the other activities they had. In the end too much stress for me, and I had to leave otherwise I would have gotten sicker. I have not been able to find a new home church, and that is okay.
    I enjoy my personal relationship with God and my personal worship services with him.

Soooo I don't have a lot of people to turn to or any.

I have sorta learned that doing the online dating thing has been rough and meeting men in person just around town is rough. Most are married anyway and I don't want that.

There seems to be some sort of stigma that if you are considered to be too "pretty" you are already taking and this is on a dating site. That does not make any sense to me. I never have thought as myself as the most beautiful thing in the world just a normal woman. However I guess men see things differently. So no wonder I rarely get dates, get dates with tons of jerks instead and then being ill on top of that sheesh. I really just can't win.

I probably did say some things wrong, and I remember a few things and I said okay well we are learning here still in dating and conversation. It was hard for me to keep up with convo, so I think those two things did me wrong on top of him not really being as open as he claimed to be. His loss.....
  11. FMsolider

FMsolider New Member

Hey, at least you got out there!!! You score major points for bravery.
  12. BlueSky555

BlueSky555 New Member

it's better that it worked out that way. If things would have "clicked" for the both of you, then you both would have known but this way, there was not much time invested into something that would have not worked out.

It sounds as if you are laughing about it and that's a good thing. Like you said, "his loss" and I agree.

Nice picture and hang in there; your prince will come along when you least expect it.

Take Care!
    BlueSky555
  13. kdeenak

kdeenak New Member

I used to date online on Match a lot. I dated a lot of total jerks! Like you some turned out to be married too, yuck! Keep looking, girl. Don't give up.

I got my heart broken a lot, but I kept trying and I finally met my husband almost two years ago on Match. We have been married since November. He is the love of my life, my best friend, and my soulmate. Take a look at our picture on my profile! :)

Hugs,

Deena
  14. mrstyedawg

mrstyedawg Member

sorry your date didn't go very well. But do not give up. After my 14 year old marriage ended and two small kids later, I began dating again. I eventually met and married the most wonderful man in the world. I met this man after about 20 bad dates. Just hang in there.

Andrea