LOL just for TGIF... proper grammar is important?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by victoria, Jul 20, 2007.

1. victoria

victoria New Member

I haven't been around much since my MIL died a few weeks ago. Thought things would be quieter, and they are in some ways, but, in other ways it's actually been busier...

I've been doing some part-time psych report typing for a friend AND trying to get new blinds/drapes that are dog-proof installed so I can then scrape the paint of my windows so that my house might sell... LOL. I think people have no imagination that the same view they see standing outside is the same as one would see from the inside if the windows were see-through?

(I've been cutting light since I've been doing the Marshall Protocol, but decided to finally spend the money on nice looking blinds, sigh, even tho at this point this house is kind of a fixer-upper).

ANYWAY, it's FRIDAY... and here's a funny joke to end the week right and begin the weekend with a laugh, I hope!

all the best,

Who KNEW this is why our English teachers tried so hard to teach us proper grammar...

Jim is getting along in years, and finds that he is unable to perform his husbandly duties. He finally goes to his doctor, who tries a few things but nothing seems to work. So the doctor refers him to an American Indian medicine man.

The medicine man says, "I can cure this."

Jim nods hopefully, and the medicine man throws a white powder in a flame, and there is a flash with billowing blue smoke. Then he says,

"This is very powerful medicine. You can only use it once a year. All you have to do is say '1, 2, 3' and it shall rise for as long as you wish!"

Jim then asks, "What happens when it's over, and I don't want to continue?"

The medicine man replies: "All you or your partner has to say is 1, 2, 3, and add 4, and everything will be 'back to normal'. But be warned -- it will not work again for another year!"

So, Jim excitedly rushes home, eager to try out his new powers and prowess. That night he gets ready to surprise Sue. He showers, shaves, and puts on his most exotic shaving lotion. He gets into bed, and lying next to her says,
    "1, 2, 3!"

And, just as the medicine man had promised, he suddenly becomes more excited than ANY time in his life ... Sue, who had been facing away, turns over and asks sleepily,

"Jim? What did you say 1, 2, 3 for?"

And THAT, my friends, is WHY you shouldn't end a sentence with a preposition!

[This Message was Edited on 07/20/2007]
    [This Message was Edited on 07/20/2007]
  2. jole

jole Member

Thanks for the great laugh! I really needed that....

Friends - Jole
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Thanks for the laugh.

Did you ever hear about the sweet young thing just meeting her snobby suitemates in the dorm on the first day of school? She walked in, smiled and said, "Hi, I'm Betty Sue and I'm from Alabama. Where are y'all from?"

One of the snobby girls said, "I'm Suzette and I'm from Chicago where we know better than to end a sentence with a preposition." All the other snobby girls smirked and tittered.

Undaunted, Betty Sue just walked over to the next girl and asked, "So, where are you from, bitch?"

Love, Mikie
  4. victoria

victoria New Member

Thanks, glad y'all liked it!

& ---That's a good one Mikie!!!!! I hope your job goes well!

5. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

The clock is ticking down the hours now. Actually, I've been working so hard around the condo that going to work may give me a nice break from all this work :)

Love, Mikie