LOL Valentine's Day Gone Wrong

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by paulmack, Feb 15, 2007.

1. paulmack

paulmack New Member

Wee Jimmy from the tough Gorbals estate in Glasgow is looking quite smug with himself.He's just bought his wife a new bag & belt for Valentine's Day.

As he's walking home from work that evening he's thinking,"oh my,I'm in for a real romantic night tonight.The wife will be really chuffed with these presents."

Later that night as the wife excitedly opens the presents you should have seen Wee Jimmy's face as his wife explodes with rage,"What the heck is this?"

Wee Jimmy can't understand it as his wife screams "you can forget about sleeping in our bed tonight,you can sleep with the #**&##@# hoover!!!"

LOL,Poor Wee Jimmy.Who says romance is dead in Glasgow?!!haha.
    [This Message was Edited on 02/15/2007]
  2. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Something has gone wrong w/ your joke. Perhaps the editing.

I used to do a lot of editing at the office, trying to comprehend and repair sentences like this:

We have found over the medical bills she estimates she spent no more than ten hours over the past two years.

He noticed a partial amputation of the employee's middle finger, which he keeps in his pocket.
  3. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

things you would buy for a Hoover? I think I get the joke......
  4. boltchik

boltchik New Member

Yeah, anything that has to do with appliances would never go over well as a present for me! I told my husband a long time ago, promise me you will never buy me a blender or a toaster, Lol!! Although, I think I might consider a new refrigerator now! Thanks for the laugh, Kim :)
  5. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

wouldnt have got it if Alaska hadnt said. it's funny.

6. morningsonshine

morningsonshine New Member

That explained it all!!LOL

Poor Jimmy, needs someone to do some explaining to him about romance! :0)