Lolalee...Where are you?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by 1sweetie, Sep 10, 2006.

1. 1sweetie

1sweetie New Member

Good Afternoon,

I wanted to check on you. I know you have been having such a difficult time lately and I wanted to know if there has been any improvement.

Thanks for all you have done on the board. It takes a lot of energy to do what you have been doing. I know it has fatigued me but yet I feel we are doing what has to be done.

I appreciate your prayers for me and my Mom.

When are you going back to the doctor and did you decide to try another one?
  2. 1sweetie

1sweetie New Member

Looking for Lolalee
  3. 1sweetie

1sweetie New Member

I'm worried. Are you OK?
  4. Lolalee

Lolalee New Member

Oh hon, thanks so much for looking out for me. I was at the hospital having additional tests all morning and I'm exhausted. I just popped in here for a minute and, as usual, have already spent more time here than I should have.

I promise I'll write to you tomorrow.

Bless you,
    Lolalee

5. Lolalee

Lolalee New Member

Hi Sweetie,

Thanks for your kind words. I just wish I could do more.

It's 8pmCen and I'm finally feeling a little better. It's been a rough few days. Yesterday I had an MRI on my neck and upper back and it took a very long time. While I was laying there perfectly still in that huge machine, I got a spasm in my lower back that felt like what a knife stab might feel like. They had to pull me out so that I could stretch a bit. It wasn't fun. It was a very long day.

Today has been awful, but thank God I'm finally out of bed....on the couch LOL...but out of bed. You get to appreciate the small things.

My leg is still bad and now my right leg seems to be weaker. I don't remember if I told you that I've gotten copies of all my test results. The Neurologist's office has told me that per him, everything is fine. However, I see abnormalities in at least 3 of the tests. The Brain EEG shows slow wave response which is common in CFIDS, the Visual Evoked Response shows optic neuropathy which is one of the first signs of Multiple Sclerosis and the lab test shows a positive ANA of 1:80. A positive ANA over 1:40 should be a flag for Doctor to do other tests or check patient symptoms.

I have an appt with the Neurologist on Monday 9/18. Since he doesn't believe in FMS, I'm having a hard time feeling like I can trust his diagnosis. I'm praying about it.

How are you? How is Jeanette? I pray that you are both having better days.

Blessings,

Lolalee
  6. 1sweetie

1sweetie New Member

I'm sorry I have not replied to you yet. I was on the board for just a few moments yesterday and did one post. The day before was not much better.

The weather has been affecting both me and my internet service. I had typed a long post to Anne C. and when I hit send it got lost. I have not had the energy or brain skills to type anything that might show a sign of intelligence.

What an awful time to get a muscle spasm! Between the comfort of those tubes and the stress of having an MRI, I can see how that could happen. I wish that they could find something that would help you. I still do not understand why they have not done an MRI of your lower back. Are you still using the wheelchair?

Congratulation on getting out of bed. I spend most of the daytime hours in a recliner. If you do not have one, it is worth the investment. With a recliner that suits your body you get so much back and neck support. I do not know what I would do without mine. I recline in it with my lap top. I would not be able to set at a desk to use a computer.

Are you still trying to pace? It is so hard when you have doctor's appointments. It has helped me. I just try not to worry about all the thing that I can't do and just try to take care of me. I still need to make a written plan. I don't know why I can't do that.

I do not understand how the member's with children do this. I have such empathy for them.

My Mom is OK. She gets tired much easier than she used to do but she still likes to get out of the house and she looks great. Next month will be difficult. She has to have body bone scans and MRI's from the head down. She is having some trouble sleeping now. Thank you for asking and for praying about her.

I'm tired now and need to rest. Email me when you feel better.