Loneliness is PAIN

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by linpop, Nov 29, 2006.

1. linpop

linpop New Member

I know I am not the only lonely person who suffers from FMS & CFS but I am at an all time low with my husband who left me last year now living with another woman and having someone to spend Christmas with.

I spent last Thanksgiving alone for the second time and now facing Christmas alone and in pain. I saw the post that someone needs a friend and that is also my plight, I really do need someone. I am also a good listener so it goes both ways I am just so tired of no one I know not understanding what I really suffer from with this FMS & CFS. I am just wasting my breath trying to explain why I can't do this and why I can't go there.

I am in So. CA and hope someone who is going to be alone for Christmas will contact me so we can spend it not alone! I am a young 55 at least inside!

2. 1sweetie

1sweetie New Member

I am so sorry for your pain and that you are so lonely. I live in the eastern US so we can't be friends in person but like Ouch said, we can be friends on the board. Most of my friends are here. It is easier that way.

There are several that post on the thread The Porch. We have formed a friendship and it's nice. Please drop in on that thread and introduce yourself. I hope to see you there.

(((HUGS FOR YOU))))
  3. Redwillow

Redwillow New Member

Hello Linda

Please write some more and chat with us. Most of us are in similar situations where we feel really alone.

I live in Ontario Canada and often vent about how alone I feel. Even living with my family I often wish I had someone to talk to as they get tired of hearing about it all the time.

Do you have a cat or dog to keep you company? I have 2 labs who are my companions and they are good listeners, see a photo of them in my profile.

hugs Redwillow
  4. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

I wanted to say that there is a way to exchange email addresses in chat room and it seems this would be great for the loners out there so they can get to know one another. Maybe someone can tell you how to do this.

Love Annie C
  5. Marta608

Marta608 Member

Linda, you're where I was, sorta, 2 1/2 years ago when my S.O. decided that he'd had enough of this boring life.

I wish I could tell you that I have learned to love single life, or that like Ouch I don't like anyone around but I can't say either of those things. I yearn for someone to share my life with again. On the other hand I do know that I'm very fortunate compared with many and that I've felt most alone when I was "with" someone and we weren't happy.

Unfortunately Michigan is a long way from California so I can't spend Christmas with you. A lot of folks here live in CA, though, so maybe you'll find a friend to be with in person. But even if you don't, hang in there and know that you aren't alone. And yes, come hang out on the Porch!

[This Message was Edited on 12/01/2006]
  6. MelaC

MelaC New Member

Hi all. I am in the same situation as redwillow even though I may not be alone I am very lonely. It would really be nice to make some friends on this site. I have an unfortunate problem of time difference as I live in SA so miss all the activity.

I to am a good listener and think I have alot to give. I have posted to someone else in the same regard but never heard anything.

It would really be nice to get to know some of you. Look forward to hearing from you.

7. Redwillow

Redwillow New Member

I for one would love to hear all about South Africa or California. I live in Canada so there are definitely some things to learn from each other.

The chit chat board is wonderful place for getting to know people. Just post I am lonely or something you would liek to talk about and you will find lots of people who want to chat too. Or type in my name (Redwillow) in the subject line and I would be glad to chat or share a laugh.

hugs Redwillow
  8. MelaC

MelaC New Member

Hi redwillow thanks for your reply. I would also like to hear about other countries. Do you have a long holiday over Christmas and New Year?. Here in South Africa the schools close at the beginning of December and open again middle of January. It is summer here so makes for a good opportunity to get to the beach.

How do you celebrate Christmas?. In the morning we open our gifts and eat christmas mince pies(homemade. For lunch we have cold meat and salad and trifle for desert. We go to the beach in the afternoon and for dinner we eat left overs. Some years we have a braai or barbecue as you would call it but this all depends on if it is very hot or not.

I also spoil my cats and dogs and buy them some biltong (dried meat sticks.

I look forward to hearing from you and anyone else that would like to chat.

Take care
  9. MelaC

MelaC New Member

Hi Redwillow. I was just looking at your profile it is so interesting to see how much we have in common. You are a Pisces love dogs. I have pretty much all the pesky symptoms you speak of but I was diagnosed with CFS although I have been told recently that I most likely also suffer from FM. WE both have 2 kids only mine are both boys and I to have a wonderful husband, we have been married 21 years.

all concidered I think we should get on very well. I really look forward to getting to know you.

Have a nice day
  10. kellyann

kellyann New Member

I don't live in California but I would love to exchange email addresses and be pen pals! that would be terrific! And phone numbers too, haha! I just got one of those phone plans where I pay a certain amount and I can call whoever all I want to all month long, I like that, haha!

Linda, just let me know when would be a good time to meet you on the chat room.

Take Care, I would love to be your new friend
  11. mrdad

mrdad New Member

Hope you are feeling fairly well today! Read your Post
    for the first time and subsequently Posts in your pro-
    file hoping to get to know and fine a means of friendly

It is difficult being alone especially on the Holidays.
    I have an large family that is difficult to make commit-
    ments to do to my CFS etc. Anne in one of the previous
    replies makes a good suggestion about meeting People on
    the Chat Room. I likewise can fine away to provide you
    my name and Email address or even phone # if you would
    like to have a "Buddy" to contact and speak with.

Have you attempted to contact and Immune Support Group
    in your area? It is extremely helpful to come to the
    realization that other People share many of the same
    physical and emotional issues! It's comforting. I've
    found my assoc. with this Board to be very supportive as
    well as friendly and informative. You will, I trust also!

MRDAD aka JOE

[This Message was Edited on 12/04/2006]
  12. kriket

kriket New Member

Hey there. Would love to be your friend. I am also a gret listener. I can't ever get into the chatroom, so that's the pits. Maybe we can get to know each other better through the chitchat board. Being lonely is no fun.

13. mrdad

mrdad New Member

We are still here for you if you need us Linda.

14. linpop

linpop New Member

Thank you I enjoyed reading all the posts, I lost my password so that is why I have not been on in a while.

It seems that even people who have someone to be with at Christmas are dreading the effort but don't you agree that when it comes to family we always seem to pull it together? I know I used to and I did all the cooking.

MrDad I used to belong to a large family when I was in England years ago (I am a Brit, I came to CA in 1987) and I think that is why being alone at Christmas is especially hard for me because it was always a big occasion. I would rather do all the cooking and be with them again no matter how much pain I was in. Oh well, can't live in the past!

I was forced to move to a place I don't like living which is also why I am lonely, my ex moved me here when he changed jobs 4 years ago, now he is somewhere else and I am stuck here. I lived in Palm Springs for 16 years and wish with all my heart that I could afford to go back there to live.

Since you have all been so nice does anyone have a suggestion how to move us to the chit chat board or shall we stay on here?

The closer Christmas gets the worse I am feeling so I need to stay in touch. I went grocery shopping the other day and they were playing Christmas music, of course, I started to feel tears fall and I left without my groceries. How pathetic is that?

Love to all,

15. linpop

linpop New Member

Wait a minute we are on the Chit Chat Board! I got confused because the messages above mentioned we could share personal info if we get on the Chit Chat Board. Talk about Fibro Fog!

So how do we share e-mail & phone numbers?

16. Redwillow

Redwillow New Member

Hi Linpop

You asked about sharing email addresses and phone numbers.

If you look at the top of this page you will see Live Chat. If you go there you can chat on line with whoever is also signed in at the same time.

It can be a lot of fun. Some people like to chat about things that concern them about their illnesses. A lot of people just want to chat and have a laugh and forget their illnesses for a while.

If you meet someone there that you would like to share addresses with you are supposed to pick a room that is empty and move there so that you are only sharing your address with that one person. This is for your protection.

If there is someone on the message board that you would like to share email addresses with you are supposed to arrange to meet at a pre arranged time in live chat.

It is a little bit complicated but it is to protect you from spam and sharing your address with the wrong person.

I hope this makes sense. If not please say so an I will try to explain it better.

hugs Redwillow
  17. linpop

linpop New Member

Perfect sense, thank you very much.

18. mrdad

mrdad New Member

I'm happy that you got back with us! I'd be more than happy to share my E-mail with you but I have not used the
    "Chat Rooms" before and will have to aquaint my self with
    the procedure. Not sure that I can access it with my old
    iMac however Carla-NL in Holland has my E-Mail and I can
    arrainge it with her I'm sure. I'll try to do it tomor-
    row either way, OK?

Do hope you are doing "well" today. You DO have an easy
    and 24/7 access to Friends here who are empathetic to your
    needs and problems. Looking forward to receiving an Email
    as soon as I can make it happen.

JOE aka MRDAD

19. mrdad

mrdad New Member

Appreciate the info concerning the "Chat Room" access!
    As I mentioned to Linda, I haven't used it before or
    tried to get into it. Will attempt to do it tomorrow.
    Do hope you are staying warm up there. Thanks again as
    it is a big help to have someone else around that knows
    the "directions"!

Sleep tight,
  20. mrdad

mrdad New Member

Thank you my Friends!