Lonely

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by painache, Jun 24, 2006.

1. painache

painache New Member

I feel so badly. I can't sleep because of the pain in my chest and back. I doubled my doxipen tonight under doctors orders to see if this would help with the pain and sleep issue.I have a strong faith in god and the power of prayer but I do believe we need human friendships as well.I don't know anyone who has the same illnesses I have no one who truely understands what I go through. Sometimes I feel like such a disappointment to the people I love. It is really hard to feel like a productive person with fibromyalgia and my other illnesses. I want so much to live a normal life. Now I am starting to cry. I have had a hard week emotionally and no one to talk to . I feel like such a burden. I will probably feel quilty for writing this.I finally come to the conclusion I will have to stop talking about my illness to other people. I try very hard not to complain but some times it is hard to keep everything inside.My husband is usually very kind but sometimes loses his patience with me and I feel so hurt.Like my heart is breaking but I have to remember this is difficult for him also life and dreams have also changed. I really feel for the young women having children.I have been sick for many years and pushed mysef way to hard to long. I was always sick with one infection or another and very tired all the time. If my son just lightly poked my leg I was in pain and I remember him saying to me how I always hurt from the smallest touch. He also said to me more than once. Your always in bed when he wanted to do something or just watch TV with me.He suffered the most by this because I seemed to become the worst after he was born.I don't always feel this bad but I need some work to take my mind off things and a little pay to call my own so I would'nt feel like a burden. Thank you for taking the time to read this .I just need to express in some fashion what I am going through at this time. God bless Pain
  2. itzmede

itzmede New Member

Somtimes you just have to get those feelings out in some way or another. Don't feel guilty. It's normal human emotions. It's awful when you don't have someone to pour your heart out to that will still treat you like the same person afterwards. These boards are just the place to come to. I'll listen anytime, as well as many others and still think you are a great person!
  3. blessedmom2four

blessedmom2four New Member

dont feel guilty, although alot of times i feel alot of the same things....you are not alone in your thinking and feelings
  4. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

I'm sorry you feel so lonely. This illness has a way of making us feel isolated. Even when we have good people around us, it's easy to feel alone because our lives are so different from normal. At least that's how I feel.

I was at a father's day celebration last week (with my partner's family) and it was absolutely agonizing for me to sit there and be sociable. Amid, this group of kind-hearted people I felt extremely alone with my pain and my minds-set. Looking around the room that day, I felt envious that others could enjoy the moment without consideration of pain. I tell you this to illustrate that I also wish I could live a normal life.

Nothing is normal - the way we live our lives, the way we work and raise our children, the things our partners have to contend with. Everything we do is coloured with the reality of our illness and the limitations imposed. That doesn't mean we can't enjoy our lives or find meaning in the things we do, it just means we live with a difference.

One of the best things that happened to me was finding this website and getting to know others who live with this difference. It makes me feel less alone. I don't have anyone (friend or family) who could begin to relate to what it's like to live with severe fibromyalgia. That's why this site is so very important to me.

I think sometimes attending a local fibromyalgia support group may be a good thing. Perhaps there is something like that in your area where you could actually meet and befriend people who live with issues similar to your own. It may take a bite out of feeling so lonely.

I'm glad you have a strong faith, it can help us through the bad times and gives us strength.

I hope your pain eases up and that you know there are better days ahead,

God bless,
    Anne Theresa
  5. jole

jole Member

Many times just getting on this board and reading what someone else is going through helps me with my miseries. Don't every feel bad for speaking out when you're down because it happens to all of us.

I agree with the others. It's very hard to not be normal and want so much to live like others around us. Sometimes I think it would be better to not have to worry about working because it brings on so much stress. But you are right, all of us need the feeling of still being a productive person.

Being productive doesn't necessarily mean bringing in a paycheck, though. We can be productive by smiling when we don't feel like it. We can be productive by giving an extra hug or listening from the heart. These small things are really very rare anymore in this fast-paced world. How about you and I work on those things together and see if it helps us?

Friends - Jole