Long Remission Now HorribleYeast Infection Help

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sharon5650, Aug 27, 2006.

1. sharon5650

sharon5650 New Member

I've been in a long remission, haven't complained in such a long time, actually cannot could not believe it myself. It has has been a couple of wonderful months for me, hardly any pain, just the normal tiredness, and a great summer actually. I did however start up "Alertec" which I found to be so helpful to me, not at the beginnng, but after about a month of taking 300mg of them combined with 300 of neurontin together, I was able to get going..finally!!! and this was my own combination. I fooled around with my own medication until (I) got it right, not my doctor. Now one thing I obviously was doing that was wrong, was indulging in food, just eating what I wanted to, including my cake, and icecream too as they say. Well, now its all caught up to me of course and I am suffering from horrendous yeast infections, and one right after another. I can't seem to get rid of them now, any suggestions would be so appreciated. I heard the pool and wet bathing suits can be also a cause, and I know of course my sugar intake, even though I'd like not to think it is...lol Really the only way I knew I had one at the beginning is because when I was having s-x with my partner, I screamed !!! it was so painful, this is how I found out. The doctor first gave me antibiotics (cipro) and some other type of pills, (partner and I)and me cream,then that one cleared up. Then not long after that one came another one, whats going on now? sharon5650 Oh yeh before that was a urine infection ....I used to suffer from throat infection all the time, now these!! oh nooooooo... guess my remissions are finitoeooo
  2. morningsonshine

morningsonshine New Member

What is Alertec?

Sorry to hear you've gone backward, but lets hope, that you did it once, you can do it again!!

Hugs
    Misty
  3. sharon5650

sharon5650 New Member

4. eeyoreblue02

eeyoreblue02 Member

I saved my sanity. Take one pill a day every day for maintenance. If you have an infection take three a day. I hope it is available in Canada.

Linda
  5. Scapper

Scapper New Member

There is a lot of great info on the board regarding candida. Do a search and you'll have more information than you know what to do with!!

Diet is key -- even when you're "out of the woods" I'm not sure our bodies can handle much sugar. As someone mentioned above "ever vigilant."

Also mentioned, sex can pass this back and forth.....keep on top of that one.

Hope you clear this up soon so you can get back to that remission :)