Long Term Anti BioticTreatment??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by cma331, Sep 17, 2003.

1. cma331

cma331 New Member

Is any one on Long Term Anti biotic therapy for CFS???? By mouth or injection.....Would love to get some feedback on this.......
    Thanks,
    Carole
  2. Shirl

Shirl New Member

We seem to have a fast moving board today, and it sounds like you need some feedback. This is a bump as I cannot help with your question. YOur post was on page two.

But I do know others here have been on antibotics for longterm. HOpefully they will see your post sometime this evening........

Shalom, Shirl
  3. MaryMac

MaryMac New Member

I'm new to the board but thought I'd mention that I've noted that whenever I am given antibiotics for whatever reason, I experience a decrease in pain. I've spoken to several doctors about this and they all say they don't see how this could be. Of course, I've only spoken to primary care doctors. It is such a major decrease in pain I'd like to know if anyone else has experienced the same.

MAC
  4. angeldust

angeldust New Member

Antibiotics do help some people with CFS. However some research has shown a link between long term antibiotic use eg. persistant infections, acne etc. and later diagnosis of CFS. Long term antibiotic use can also cause chronic candidiasis especially if you dont have a good immune system. The main symptom of chronic candidiasis being chronic fatigue. As with all drugs there is a risk with antibiotics.
  5. tandy

tandy New Member

You can get more info on AP(Antibiotic protocol)by doing a search for the Roadback foundation.
    Many have tried this therapy for our illnesses.Some say its worked wonders,others have had no change. Hope this helps :)
  6. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I've been on Doxycycline for about two years now. I am getting better, but it is slow. I now pulse off and on after being on them full time in the beginning. The current protocol is six full months on and then pulses of six weeks on and two weeks off, or longer if you can go without the symptoms' returning.

It was a mycoplasma infection which triggered my illnesses, FMS & CFIDS.

I have had no ill effects from the Doxy. In fact, right after the initial Herxheimer Effect three days into the treatment, my low-grade temperatures, swollen lymph nodes, chronic sore throats, migraine-type headaches, and IBS went away.

I take probiotics and digestive enzymes and have no stomach problems. The types of antibiotics used for these pathogens do not cause resistant strains of bacteria. All treatments have their risks, but compared to allowing a stealth pathogen make me sicker and sicker, the ABX therapy appeared to be the way to go.

There are other things which have antibiotic properties, but I do not know if by themselves, they are capable of killing mycoplasmas. I drink olive leaf tea and some have had good results with the olive leaf extract. Colloidal silver is very good and recommended by Dr. Garth Nicolson, the father of mycoplasma research. He found that between 60 and 70 percent of people with FMS and/or CFIDS test pos. for mycoplasma infection(s). The actual number with the infections is probably higher due to false neg. test results.

I use an electronic zapper to help kill pathogens when they are in the bloodstream. I am sure it has also killed some mycoplasmas. It will stop a cold dead in its tracks if used early enough in the infection. It has cleared up the fungus infection on my toenails. If I overuse it, I will Herx from it, so I know it works.

You can read a lot about mycoplasmas and antibiotic treatments by doing a search here and reading our old posts. Also, our library is a treasure trove of articles.

Love, Mikie
  7. cma331

cma331 New Member

Thank you all for your replies........I am going to look into some of the suggestions you have made......
    I have just found.....that when i am at my very sickest, the absolute end of the rope.......If i take an anti biotic; i get an immediate positive reaction...Wanted to gather some info before discussing it with my doc......
    I was hoping it might "stabilize" me a little; w/o the KU....
    Thanks...........Carole